Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SAECO 316
 Login/Join

posted
I was hoping someone has this mould and could tell me if there is any groove diameter bearing surface above the crimp groove? If so, how much?

Thanks and good luck

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Slowpoke,
I have a bullet from a Saeco #298316. It is a 30 cal bullet I have & there is absolutely no groove diameter bearing surface above the crimp groove. Mine drops to .304" right forward of the crimp groove for about 1/4" & then tapers off to a .175" meplat. Hope this is what you're asking.

Posts: 128 | Location: Star, Idaho | Registered: 01 January 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
That is what I was wanting to know, thank you very much for the info, I tried to get the info from Redding but all the tech's have been at the shot show this week.

The new catalog just lists it as the 316.

It looks like a nice bullet, hows it work for you?

thanks again Jim

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Slowpoke,
Can't tell you how it works cause I haven't shot any. I picked it up a good deal from E-bay a long time ago. Have been having good luck with the Lyman 311041 in a 30-30 I have & was thinking more on the lines of a 180 gr. flatpoint. That 311041, Lee 150gr. flatpoint, & their little 113 gr. flatpoint have been keeping me occupied but as soon as I find out I'll let the group know about that 316.

Posts: 128 | Location: Star, Idaho | Registered: 01 January 2003Reply With Quote