New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shooter..Letter from Marshall Stanton
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I got this letter from Marshall this morning, but no URL do any of you guys know anything about this and how we can access it? I tried our old links, but they don't seem to work....Geo

georgewxxx,

As you may have noticed, ShootersForum.com has been down the last three days, due to an
unprecidented increase in user traffic on the forums exceeding our bandwidth limits. This has been
remedied, and shouldn't become an issue in the future.

We appreciate your participation on the forums, and look forward to hearing from you soon. We
apologize for any inconvenience caused during this downtime on the forums.

As you may have noticed, ShootersForum.com has enjoyed quite an influx of knowledgeable new
members and inciteful new threads. Please come take a look at what's happening on your forums.

Thank you for your patience, and your continued participation on the forums.

God Bless,

Marshall Stanton

Posts: 57 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 20 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well it sure as hell hasn't been remedied on the east coast because I still can't get in and I use to be able too. Very frustrating.

Joe

one of us
posted Hide Post
I was trying to suscribe Shooters Forum during more than a month before it was down.

It was disapponting to open the Shooters site and read that it was maintained for existing members only. New subscribers were not allowed

I am a new member, I do not have same feelings towards the site as senior members who wrote several years in Shooters,I understand but,please, take in consideration that a forum is something alive, people and thoughts that come in and come out.

If a forum is not able to hear all voices it is not only a technical inconvenient, it a lot of people who can not say what they think, help to solve problems and improve in their knowledges.

Knowledge is a pyramid, each one of us is standing up on the others shoulders, and,others are standing up on ours.
The way to grow up is enlarging the pyramid from the base to the top.

I humble request to consider this before make any decision.

Thanks for your comprehension

BA Shooter

Posts: 126 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentine | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BAShooter:
I was trying to suscribe Shooters Forum during more than a month before it was down.

It was disapponting to open the Shooters site and read that it was maintained for existing members only. New subscribers were not allowed

I am a new member, I do not have same feelings towards the site as senior members who wrote several years in Shooters,I understand but,please, take in consideration that a forum is something alive, people and thoughts that come in and come out.

If a forum is not able to hear all voices it is not only a technical inconvenient, it a lot of people who can not say what they think, help to solve problems and improve in their knowledges.

Knowledge is a pyramid, each one of us is standing up on the others shoulders, and,others are standing up on ours.
The way to grow up is enlarging the pyramid from the base to the top.

I humble request to consider this before make any decision.

Thanks for your comprehension

BA Shooter

Sir,
That is one of the best writings I have seen since Mark Twain. I humbly request your permission to use that in the future. 45nut

Posts: 538 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys.....shootersforum.com is NOT the old shooters.com we were all a part of.....

George
You can access the forum mentioned in the letter at: www.shootersforum.com

Posts: 1499 | Location: NE Okla | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ya, I found it after some searching. It's Beartooth, one of the places we thought about going when the real Shooters was going for a dump.
Guess I don't remember them using the Shooters handle then. ...geo

Posts: 57 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 20 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
45nut

Glad my words liked you.
Thanks for your concept, I do not deserve it.

You may use this text without problems, moreover, you may enrich it by using American English expressions, you will give it an "merican flavour".
English is not my native language,so,I can not do that.

Regards

BA Shooter

Posts: 126 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentine | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote