New
Find
Notify
Tools

Case annealing
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just purchased 200 45 AR cases. Should I anneal them for first 3/8� for longer life, as one local guy suggested? Hi was dipping case mouth in molten lead and into cold water. Is this OK? Thanks.

Posts: 158 | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of felix
posted Hide Post
Onte, yes, that's OK. ... felix

Posts: 477 | Location: fort smith ar | Registered: 17 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
.........Onty, not much there to anneal before ya get to the rim ............. is there :-)

........Buckshot

Posts: 119 | Location: Redlands, Calif | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Onty..Anealing will probably up the case life on the 45ARs. I bought about 800 about 8 or 9 years ago. I had one box that had been in the cabinet loaded for 4 or 5 years and I got a couple of cracked necks out of it when fired.

Inspect your once fired cases carefully if you pick any up. The 45 AR was made by R-P, Western and Peters....that I know of.

I recently picked up a handful at a gun shop and mixed in were baloon head cases so be careful of procurments like this./beagle

[

Posts: 234 | Location: Lexington, Ky,USA | Registered: 26 January 2001Reply With Quote