Find
Notify
Tools

Liquid Alox, what size is wanted?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted
Hi all, I'll be adding Liquid Alox to my list of lubes. What size bottle would be wanted?
I can get the same size, shape and lid as the Lee 4 oz bottle. They come in 1, 2, 4, 8, and 16 oz. I can get a lotion style pump to go on the bottles.

Do you think that anyone would want that option? Or would it just be a chance for it to drip?
I've also found a 32 oz bottle that looks like a small Anti-Freeze jug.
I'll be posting the price and other info on my website and hope to be shipping in 2-4 weeks.
I think we will start with 32oz and 8oz bottles and go from there.
http://www.lsstuff.com/lube/liquid-x.html

I'd appreciate any thoughts you may have.
TIA
Glenn

Lar45

White Label Lube Co.
www.lsstuff.com
Carnauba Red high speed cast bullet lube.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
I like the lotion pump idea.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Lee spout gets clogged too often for me to want to mess with a pump. Eight and 32 ounces sounds OK. Sixteen could sub for either or both. No point in trying to compete with Lee for the itty bitty bottle market.

It is a good citizen's duty to love the country and hate the gubmint.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
My drum should be here tomorrow. The bottles should be here by the end of the week.
I think Lee's price for the 4 oz bottle if about $4, I can sell the 8 oz bottle for that.

The 32 oz size seems like it should do well.
I'll put the 32 oz bottles up on Ebay for $13.50, but can go $7.44 + shipping if anyone here wants one.
I'll have to see what they weigh and check on Parcel post for cheaper shipping. I don't think the flat rate envelope would do well for these.

Lar45

White Label Lube Co.
www.lsstuff.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfair!! Unfair!! I have to pay shipping to Nampa, Idaho, and then Lar45 whacks me for the stinking 6% sales tax...how's about a rebate pal?

dancing

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know the first thing about this kind of lube. How do you put it on and will it work with muzzleloader bullets? Ron

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
You don't want to use LA for muzzle loaders. Usually a petroleum based lube creates tough difficult fouling.

one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
http://www.leeprecision.com/cgi/catalog/browse.cgi?1175...e.html#LeeLiquidAlox
This is the same stuff that Lee sells as Liquid Alox. You put a bunch of bullets in a bowl, pour a little lube in, swish them around and stand up on wax paper to let dry. I don't use it, but many shooters do.
As Loyd said, you shouldn't use petroleum products with black powder.
I do have a BPCR lube than can be used with muzzle loaders. If you'd like a sample of the BPCR lube to try, just e-mail your address to me at idahobronco@aol.com
You can see my other lubes at www.lsstuff.com/lube

The bottles are in and I'm ready to ship.

Lar45

White Label Lube Co.
www.lsstuff.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
I sent a message your way. Thanks for the offer. Ron

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, I use this stuff on my 50 cal REAL bullets. I cannot say that it is good, but I can definately say that it is not bad to use. I will use 2 treatments on the bullets, then use a light coat of regular lube when I load the bullets.

And then, for the regular lube I've often use lithium grease in a pinch with none of the reputed varnishing that is supposed to happen.

For whatever reason, I think a lot of the anti-grease stuff out there is propaganda as I simply haven't seen it occur.

Then again, I pretty much only shoot BP and not substitutes so maybe it does that with other types.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lar45, I tried to send a email and it bounced back. Can I get a better email address to send my mailing address? Thanks Ron

One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
I have used this email to contact him before

sales@lsstuff.com

I love his Carnauba Red lube

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
my personal email is idahobronco at aol.com . The wife checks the sales at LsStuff.com more often.

Lar45

White Label Lube Co.
www.lsstuff.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Now I think I got the messages sent. My email is not working so I went through a Yahoo account to get it to go. Thanks Ron

one of us
posted Hide Post
Update on the lube!!!!
I used the stuff you sent me and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am sending a order asap for more. That lube cut my groups by 50%.
Thanks for the sample and expect the order soon. Ron

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would like a 32 oz jug what would the price be with shipping. pm also sent

Posts: 19394 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
http://www.lsstuff.com/lube/order.html
Here's a link to my website and order page.

http://www.lsstuff.com/lube/liquid-x.html
Here's a page with details of the Lube.

I also have some auctions up on Ebay, which is probably the easiest way to buy it.
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZwhitelabellubeQQhtZ-1

I have 8 and 32 oz bottles on hand.
Let me know if there is anything I can help with.

The 32 oz jug is $9.50. I'm shipping in the USPS flat rate box for $9.80 which includes a tracking #.
All the details are at the link above.
Thanks.

Lar45

White Label Lube Co.
www.lsstuff.com