New
Find
Notify
Tools

32 LONG COLT...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just returned from my shooting range. I hadn’t shot my Marlin Model ’92 in sometime so I loaded a box of ‘em up. Three grains of Unique, Winchester 6 �-116 primer, and the N.E.I. .313-95-HEEL bullet. Velocity is right at average 1062 fps. Cost per box of 50 rounds--$1.01!!!

Just plinking away at my bench which is located in a wooded area. A couple of red squirrels were unfortunate to enter the range. I was hitting hickory nuts, still in their hulls, at 25 yards most of the time. Set several bowling pins up at 50 yards and could rock them 75% of the time…Can’t see the open sights well with my right eye, yet this little nostalgic piece is still a pretty good shooter in spite of the “chunk” of rifling that are visibly missing about 2.5” from the muzzle. How that would have happened is anyone’s guess.

This is the reason I started casting bullets a few years ago since ammo ain’t readily available for this caliber anymore! Better than shooting 22 rimfire in my opinion…BCB

Posts: 212 | Location: WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote