Find
Notify
Tools

Re: .35 cal. 200 gr. mould project?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Where do I sign up?

Posts: 300 | Location: W. New Mexico | Registered: 28 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
rev 2 of pic

Don't know why it's not showing up. I'll try the Yahoo castboolits site.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/castboolits/detail?.dir=/97ef&.dnm=4e7f.jpg

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

I just stuck this on my FotoTime link Glenn for convenience.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I too would like to see a larger lube groove, but if that's not possible, I'd like to sign up for one anyway.
krag35

one of us
posted Hide Post
aladin-
I said it was a good looking bullet, but do you really think everyone is going to use a gas checked 180 gr. bullet for pistols????? 180's in a pistol don't really need a gas check. Check out the maximum velocities noted in the reloading manuals. See what I mean?
If you decide to enlarge the lube groove, IMHO it would need to be as large or slightly larger than the lube groove on the Lyman 358156. The body of the 358156 on the nose of the thread bullet looks good too.

posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Slowpoke the only difference between what Glenn has drawn on the revision and what your posting is one more lube groove. While the ones your posting do work-- they carry alot of lube. Boils to this-- IMO, how much bearing surface strength do you want to burn in the search for 'enough' lube?

Still I think you decide if it's a pistol bullet OR a rifle bullet. The first doesn't need near the lube of a rifle design-- and would benefit from added bearing surface strenth.

A rifle design would benefit from a slightly longer wheelbase and somewhat different preshot alignment system. And- would that crimp length even work in a 35 Rem?

But heck-- I don't shooten 35 cal, yet- and what the buyers will use it for is the key. What I like about this group is we can actually go back and forth with IDEAS and that's what it's at. No extraneous bs.

Now I'm about 20 some cents into my views on this 35-- well past the .02 What say you lurkers?

Posts: 1529 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote