New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: cast bullets in 6MM
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello Deputy Al, Happy New Year to you and your Lady. I have not been doing much cast boolit stuff in the last year. I cannot post over on the Aimoo forum, so once in awhile I look in here for interesting threads. If I was building a dedicated target rifle for the 6mm bench-rest, I would build it with a twist suitable for cast boolits. One in 10 seems to do all right with the 100 grainer RCBS, but one in 12 might do it too.

Have you been involved in the flash flood problems down your way?

Regards from duke.

Posts: 41 | Location: reno nv | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Duke, pard!

We've been missing you. Heard y'all got tooken off by some pixie in an RC airplane, so I'm glad to see you're still kicking and shooting.

Get hold of 45nut and I'll bet he can fix your problem at aimoo. We hope to see you at the next NCBS in May (weekend of the 7-8-9th).

Best of the season from the B family.

Regards from BruceB (aka Bren Mk1)

Posts: 437 | Location: nevada | Registered: 01 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of felix
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Duke, for the happy wishes for the NewYear. I wonder if that 100 RCBS will shoot as good in a 8 twist at 2K as it would in a 10 twist? Would be a great new year experiment, and somebody just might get lucky! Yes, Joe, that 107 condom would not do good in a 12 twist, but might do just right with the 100 lead boolit because the lead jacket is heavier than of copper, giving more dynamic inertia. I don't know that RCBS boolit that well in terms of length, and that still might be a concern, even with a 12 twist. But a 85 grainer would work fine, I do believe. The user has to decide if long range condoms are the most important aspect for his ideal custom gun. ... felix

Posts: 477 | Location: fort smith ar | Registered: 17 September 2002Reply With Quote