New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sub sonic loads for 35 Remington
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone have a safe sub-sonic load for the 35 Remington in a Marlin 336 rifle using 150 grain cast bullets? Please advise.

Posts: 259 | Location: up state New York USA | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 303Guy
posted Hide Post
Not the 35 Remington but 303 Brit using real heavy bullets. I used H4227 because that was all I had. What I would like to suggest is to use a load that will be safe with a double charge or even triple charge or that will overfill the case at double or triple charge! (The point of my post).

My 303 Brit load - 13grs H4227 under a 220gr bullet. No pressure signs at all, meaning the primer did not even fill out.

Regards
303Guy

Posts: 2518 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information.

Posts: 259 | Location: up state New York USA | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.leverguns.com/artic...co/small_charges.htm

That article lists 6 grains of Red Dot under a 158 - 160 grain lead bullet is about 1000 fps.

NRA Life Member
testa virtus magna minimum

Posts: 345 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With the 358477 (WWs + 2% tin) over 4.5 gr of Bullseye I get right at 1050 fps out of my 26" barreled .35 Remington. Suggest you start at 3 gr and work up in .3 gr increments until you get what you want.

No filler or wad is used. Cases are well fire formed with the flash ole drilled out (#28 drill) to prevent the shoulder from being set back and causing headspace/misfire problems.

Larry Gibson

Posts: 1489 | Location: University Place, WA | Registered: 18 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Using Trailboss, start at 70% of the available case capacity (to the base of the bullet) and work up to no more than touching the bullet (do not compress it.) You should find the sweet spot there somewhere. Keep in mind 35 Rem cases will shorten when fired with light loads, so keep an eye out for excessive headspace. This is not an ideal caliber to do this with, but if you're careful you should be fine.

Posts: 187 | Location: Nuevo Mexico | Registered: 15 May 2001Reply With Quote