Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Bullet weight info needed
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
joe,
I'm not tying to undermine your work, efforts, or experience with cast boolits. But I think you've just made precisely my point with Vioxx.
Whose numbers?
How were they collected?
What were the search criteria?
Special/vested interests can always come up with an "expert opinion", usually accompanied with reams of data/studies, to justify their particular case.
ALL data is suspect at some level, and depends on the point of the observer. All things are relative in an Einsteinian universe, and the only perspective one has is one's own. Which is after all "opinion" from anyone else's point of view.
I do ascribe to the 'scientific method', ie. repeatable and verifiable data from experimentation. But all must be taken with that grain of salt that "Your Mileage May Vary".
The role of the observer influences outcomes. The only point of verifiable simultaneity is when two bodies collide.
More than a little of the devil's advocate here, as klw pointed out, Why? So many individual and non-controllable variables in a relatively simple process, their are good boolit casters, and so-so ones. And I for one find moulds vary as unique individuals, as I think we can generally agree, are the firearms used to propel them.
Lee moulds work for me, but I'll say that the Saeco's I have are the best. Can I shoot well enough to detect a difference? Do I weigh my boolits? Can I improve my reloading techniques? Tweak that trigger?
For me, at this stage, my criteria is results downrange, and I enjoy all the above aspects of the shooting process.
I'm working at getting better, more consistent, more accurate, more repeatable.
I must confess though that once I get a gun to shoot, I start on another one, {;o).
All the best,
R*2

Posts: 129 | Location: NorthEast | Registered: 20 January 2003Reply With Quote