Find
Notify
Tools

Group buy for 50 cal mould
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gents,

for those of you interested there is a Group Buy on Cast Boolits for a very useful mould for 50 cal levergun and 500 Linebaugh users. The base mould is a 500 gr 0.513 FN bullet with the crimp groove in the correct location for use in 50 cal leverguns.

The mould maker is providing a lot of options, including up to 4 cavities and a conventional HP option for one of the cavities. He also is providing an option for a new style of mould that has either 2 or 4 captive HP pins - these moulds are designated RG-2 or RG-4. With these new moulds you can produce a heap of HP bullets quite quickly. In addition the HP pins are interchangeble with FN pins to enable making FN bullets as well using the same mould. The design incorporates a long shank to take the long Gator 50 cal GC.

This would probably make it one of the most flexible moulds available for 50 cal leverguns.

Here's a link to the thread.

http://www.castboolits.gunload...wthread.php?p=672323

Joe

Posts: 503 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 19 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Joe
Not trying to throw a monkey wrench into the pot but,
Are you sure that will work in the 50-110? the OAL is getting to be awfully long and if the meplat is to wide you will have laoding gate problems and may need to do more modifications to our rifle. As for in the 50 AK no problems at all.

Just thoughts.

Doug

I tend to use more than enough gun.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doug,

thanks for your comments.

The bullet feeds through my 50/110 rifle, however my conversion has had quite a deal of work done in the feeding and cycling areas. FWIW the nose measurements are very close to those of Woodleigh 0.510 500gr FN (slightly shorter in fact) and these bullets were supposedly designed for use in 50 Ak & 50/110, though it appears maybe not all conversions.

For the sake of good order what changes would you propose to the bullet design so that we can cover as many 50/110 conversions as possible ?

Thanks for posting.

Joe

Posts: 503 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 19 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
doug i designed that bullet for the 50ak and the 500 linebaugh. I dont have a 50-110 so i dont have a clue as to what will work in them. the reason i went with that nose profile is it is the same as ballitic casts 480lfngc and that bullet flys well at long range and feeds well in my ak and my ak was made by someone other then you and is kind of particular about what it feeds.

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote