Examples?

How many times would experienced bullet casters answer the questions:

Where can I get pure lead?

How do I measure lead hardness?

Who sells tin?

Anyone paper patching?

Do car batteries make good bullets?

How fast before I need a gas check?

People who know answers to these questions (which have been answered numerous times) are going to get worn out answering them monthly. The "Search" feature used to get you answers to these frequently asked questions. Now, unless it's been covered in the last month, it's no longer there.

Of all the features of this site that Saeed so generously provides (and thank you Saeed, I mean it), I see storage space as having a very low cost to benefit ratio. Maybe I misunderstand something about how storage over the web takes place, and maybe Saeed and Don (who know a lot more than I about running a web site) have some benevolent purpose that I don't understand.

I don't want to come across as ungrateful, but if I had to choose between permanent storage of old threads and a hundred different specialized forums (Baseball? 5 or 6 Big Game Hunting forums?), I'd go with the former. Again, it's not my site. I remain grateful. If other people agitate and get a Rugby forum, I figure it's worth agitating to have some very useful information archived.

H. C.

Posts: 3691 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote