New
Find
Notify
Tools

Density Altitude and Long Range Shooting
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Forrest I'm not registered at MSN and can't ask over there.

I did note one poster stated one MOA to each 4.5 degrees of temp. Made me wonder, could a simple table be constructed factoring in all the variables for sight adjustment? Does one exit anywhere that you know of?

Posts: 1529 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Aladin,

you ask:

I did note one poster stated one MOA to each 4.5 degrees of temp. Made me wonder, could a simple table be constructed factoring in all the variables for sight adjustment? Does one exit anywhere that you know of?

me;

That fellow, Kenny I think, mentioned the 1 MOA for each 4 1/2 degrees F. This is a good figure to keep in mind I think since not everyone has an E6B. However! Look at his post again and see where he says: "at 1000 yards". This is an important number since as I mentioned in the initial post on that thread that the longer the distance the greater the effect of changes in DA.

If a "simple" table exists I don't know of it. And I have my doubts about the possiblity of making one. As one of the members over there mentioned, there are too many other factors involved to nail it down too tight.

Good morning,
Forrest

Posts: 246 | Location: Northern Wyoming | Registered: 21 December 2002Reply With Quote