New
Find
Notify
Tools

.380ACP Bullet molds...
 Login/Join

Picture of boomstick
posted
My son wants me to cast up some .380 ACP bullets for range use.

Which one to use? I prefer to use Lyman or RCBS.

Thanks

Saul

"When I die, I want to die like my grandmother who died peacefully in her sleep.
Not screaming like all the passengers in her car."
-Author Unknown

Posts: 30 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 22 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
See if SAECO makes a four-cavity mould for the .380. They may not, but if they do, that is prob the best for the money. Otherwise, look at the Ballisticast website and buy a 6-cavity mould from them that will throw 100-grain bullets, like the old H&G S55. It will cost plenty, but you will probably never wear it out...

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Versifier
posted Hide Post
Lyman #356242, RCBS #38-090-RN & 09-115-RN, Saeco #922 & 925 (also in 4cav), or Lee 356-102-1R all will do a good job in the .380 cast from WW or Lino. WW will probably give you a little bigger diameter if you cast them frosted, and maybe the edge on accuracy for that reason. You might even be able to get away with tumble lubing and not sizing, depending on vagaries of dies, brass, and chamber.

..And why the sea is boiling hot
And whether pigs have wings.
-Lewis Carroll

Posts: 224 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 01 January 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I use a lee 117 grain round nose and a 150 swc both in my makarov 38 cal of course.... I prefer lee molds myself.....

Mr. Kristen Waller

Posts: 17 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: 11 July 2003Reply With Quote