New
Find
Notify
Tools

A sounder and two makes eight
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I found some more hay while helping my friend on one of his projects. Borrowed his trailer to move the hay. Took the trailer back late and stayed to sit in my tower. I have been pecking at the sounder on his place but it seems like, shoot one and two join up! There is one white pig and one two toned pig that make me sure this is the same sounder! I was wearing a tee shirt under a long sleeve shirt. Like to froze! ten o'clock the only deer eating corn bolted and the sounder came in. The added lights help a whole lot. 200 grain Sierra Game King,300 PRC, band flop. 104.2 pound sow!

Posts: 702 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
looks bigger than 104.... good on ya!!

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2829 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice hog..

Posts: 225 | Location: Dorchester County, South Carolina U.S.A. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a receiver hitch winch and a crane scale. I did estimate by the drag. As I got older they just seemed heavier! If I can get to em, I winch them up to haul off, so I weigh.

Posts: 702 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good to see some action on here again.

Perfect eating size too.
Even for the vultures. other pigs and coyotes.

Everything has to eat sometime.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Nice. Way to wake up this thread.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5111 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm? Now why is that pig so clean? None of the ones I see are anywhere near that clean.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's dry here, dust does not stick! I thought the shiny look was strange also!

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
That sow's coat almost looks like a black bear's.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16397 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Looks like the 300 PRC did its job nicely! I have a 300 PRC and this is the first time that I have seen a kill with it from someone else. Nice Work!

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

What a great pig and love the entry point! Congratulations !

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote