New
Find
Notify
Tools

Argentinian wild boar pics
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Here are some pics from my recent hunt for wild boar in Argentina using Argentinian Dogos. Having never hunted using a knife, it was very exciting! My son and I each took one. What do you think this animal weighed?

They told me 300 lbs but I am not sure. It took 5 people to pull it up into a tree for the skinning of the animal.

The dogos were quite an interesting animal. They seemed so calm and gentle until something started running away from them. The owner of these 3 animals told me that they killed a water buffalo 2 months ago.

Posts: 276 | Location: hendersonville, nc 28739 | Registered: 18 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow!. Well done Ron!, this is a dangerous sport as I warned you before hand. May I ask who was your outfitter and PH?. Also, which was the hunting location?. For my money that pig weighed in the neighborhood of 100/120 kilograms. Woolly one I see...the winter is very severe this year.
Last week I went for another without luck due to the heavy rains.
One of the knives seems a modified Mauser bayonet. Am I wrong?.
Regards
Nainital

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hauptjager
posted Hide Post
WOW great Pic. of an even nicer hog! I too would like to here more about your trip.

Posts: 153 | Location: Hilo, Hawaii | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
RON YOUR ARE MY FRIEN THATS INCREDIBLE IM DR JUAN PABLO POZZI YOUR GUIDE THE NEXT DAY AFTER YOUR HUNT WE SAW A BOAR OF APROX 400 KILOS IT KILLED 6 DOGS OF A FARMER NOT DOGOS OF COURSE PUT MY PHOTOS TOO PLEASE.JUAN IM VERY HAPPY TO SEE YOU AGAIN I HAVE TEARS IN MY EYES I THOUGTH THAT ILL NEVER SAW YOU AGAIN .YOU HAVE A BRAVE SON I NEVER GUIDED A BOY OF 17 YEARS OLD TO HUNT SICH HUGES HOGS WITH KNIFE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIGTH I WAS AFRAID THAT SOMEBODY CAN BE INJURED .ALL THE HUNTERS MUST KNOW THE BRAVERY OF YOUR SON.JUAN PABLO POZZI MD

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
I WAS SURE THAT THE BOAR WEIGTH WAS IN THE ORDER OF 200 KILOS IT TOOK 5 PERSONS TO MOVE .WAS KILLED IN MY FARM IN CORDOBA THERE ARE A LOT OF THEM I OFFER RON TO KILL MORE FREE BUT HE WAS TOO EXHAUSTED.THE NEXT DAY WE SAW A BIGGER BOAR THAT DOGS ARE PAIMUN A FAMOUS DOG IN ARGENTINA,HIS SONS LANHUEL OR DEADLY IN MAPUCHE AND ESQUEL LANHUEL WAS INJURED IN THE NECK AND ESQUEL IN THE LEGS.WE KILLED HUNDREDS OF HUGE BOARS EACH YEAR .DRJUAN PABLO POZZI RON AND YOUR SON NEXT TIME WILL BE MY GUESTS FREE

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
THE KNIVES ARE HANDMADE TOTALLY NOT MAUSERS BAYONETS ,THEY ARE MADE FOR ME BY A EXPERT KNIVE HUNTER AND I DESIGN THEM IN SOME HUNTINGS WE OFEERED THE KNIFE FREE.ONE IS BASED IN APPLEGATE SMATCHET WICH IS BASED IN A ROMAN SWORD.I LIKE BIG DOUBLE EDGES KNIVES.I ALSO USE COLD STEEL KNIVES AND SPEARS NEXT YEAR WE WILL KILL BUFALOS WITH BOW AND WITH SPEARS AND SOME CEBUES TOO.JUAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
Got to have balls as big as catelopes . Not for the faint of heart for sure.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hauptjager
posted Hide Post
Now the real question, how could I "sell" a trip like this to my wife?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Juan

This is a very small world. I left Argentina without your contact information and here you are on the internet. I am so glad to meet you again in the electronic world.

This trip was booked as a bird hunt with Jose Grasso of JJCaceria Outfitters. Jose then subcontracted with Dr. Juan Pozzi for the wild boar hunt. If any of you are interested in the hunt, just contact Juan directly about it.

Here is a picture of Juan in the center and Jose on the left with my son on the right with his hog which was not a wild boar. I believe that it was a "cimmaron or cinammon".

Here is another picture of the dogos, Juan on the left, and Jose on the right.

Here is another picture showing how wide this boar is through the shulders.

To hunt wild boar is very exciting and I was physically exhausted after the kill. I knew that it had an element of danger but I did not understand just how dangerous it was until it was all over! Allowing my 17 year old son to participate in this was not the smartest decision I have made as a parent. The good news was that noone got hurt.

I had never seen a wild boar previously and I was shocked to see how hairy and prehistoric they look.

This was a great hunt but not for the faint of heart!!! Juan and his dogos are excellent.

Ron L

Posts: 276 | Location: hendersonville, nc 28739 | Registered: 18 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
WOW WOW

I like it a lot.
Cool pictures the make you want to go.
I might cansel my Poland trip in Nov and go to Argentina instead.
That would be a trip where one could test a new knife and a big bore or handgun.

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Until the later picks, I would have guess right at 200#, but the thickness through the shoulder.. 230-270...

Wow what a Hunt

Juan, please turn OFF you caps lock key...

jeffe

Posts: 38462 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
ron and joshua are very brave people i have another hunters who run away and go for their guns .next time they will be honour guests and invited a my house and to the local hunters club that will give a medal to his son.juan pablo pozzi md

one of us
Picture of Hauptjager
posted Hide Post
What a great day! I pitched the Idea of coming down for one of your trips to my wife today, and her reply was, �Oh so you finally want to some REAL MANLY hunting� sounds like you have a trip to plan for summer 2006!� I was shocked beyond all belief! I�ll send you a PM

posted Hide Post
Does your wife know how much your life insurance benifit is?

one of us
Picture of Hauptjager
posted Hide Post
I don�t think so. If she did she wouldn�t let me go. High school geography/history teachers are not worth much�. Unless there is a policy I don�t know about?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Juan

Please send me your private email address so that Josh and I can know how to get in touch with you.

My address is rrliljedahl@mchsi.com

Ron L

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
RON AND JOSHUA MY MAILS ARE HUNTINGINARGENTINA@HOTMAIL.COM,JUANPOZZI@HOTMAIL.COM OR INFO@HUNTINGINARGENTINA.COM JUAN HOW IS JOSHUA SAY HIM THAT HE CAN PUT HIS EXPERIENCES HERE .ILL GO TO NAMIBIA PERHAPS NEXT YEAR ,RON YOU CONVINCED ME.JUAN

posted Hide Post
Don't worry about the insurance.....Its much more dangerous for the boars!
I hunted with Juan in March and killed a huge boar with a knife and the smaller one ran (not too far! bang!) because the dogos always go after the biggest animal they see!