Find
Notify
Tools

Hog vs Deer hunt mobetter
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Question:
Is hog hunting as fun/exciteing,less fun/exciteing or mobetter than deer only hunting?

Choices:
Yes-Just as fun as deer
No-Not nearly as fun as deer
Mobetter fun than deer

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've killed lots of deer in Texas over the years but hog hunting is 10 times more exciting than deer hunting. The only thing that compares is rattling up a big buck during the rut. Other than that, sitting in a 20 ft box blind, scanning senderos and feeders is an annual ritual but not near as fun or interactive as hog hunting.

Posts: 470 | Location: Texas/NYC | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have killed many more deer than I have hogs, but chasing hogs with hounds, with the dog handler yelling at you and the dogs, and the dogs and pig fighting sometimes,..there is no comparison...

Robert Jobson

Posts: 669 | Location: Alaska, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I ran hog dogs for 30 years and there is 10 times the rush as deer hunting. Now I sit or stalk with a bow. I'm convinced God let hogs go wild in Texas just for bow hunters.

Posts: 499 | Location: San Antonio , Texas USA | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
along with rattlesnaker ...you kill deer... you hunt hogs... kill em more ways more fun!!!

Posts: 104 | Location: south of san antonio | Registered: 03 July 2006Reply With Quote