New
Find
Notify
Tools

Edmund Toms Ranch in Texas
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anybody hunted at the Toms Ranch? Its near Campbellton, TX. I have spoken with them about hunting there, they seem like good folks but just wondered how the area is.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rolland,

Check it out: http://www.stasney.com/default.htm thumb

I hunted at Stasney’s Cook Ranch. Outstanding experience, the wildlife manager, Johnnie Hudman and his spouse Debbe are the perfect hosts and wonderful people.

The hunting is excellent; this is a big ranch, with the addition of the Dawson-Conway Ranch exceeding 40,000 plus acres, no high fence or canned hunt, free ranging animals.

It’s up to the hunter to go for a meat hog or trophy boar. An abundance of wildlife will make your hunt even more attractive, and if you like country kitchen Emma is a wonderful cook, she will take care of your appetite.

This is really as good as it gets.
I highly recommend this outstanding hunting ranch.
Again, I can not praise those friendly and professional people enough, because they go the extra mile to make your stay even better.

Roland

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roland1
Thanks for the tip I will check them out.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Yep, I have hunted the Edmond Tom RAnch. They are good folks! It is not fancy, but it is not expensive either. They have javelina as well.......

Good Hunting,

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Do they have a web site?

quote:
Originally posted by Rolland:
Has anybody hunted at the Toms Ranch? Its near Campbellton, TX. I have spoken with them about hunting there, they seem like good folks but just wondered how the area is.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill,

Give this a try - Edmumd Tom Ranch

Posts: 535 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 17 December 2000Reply With Quote