New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hot Pork
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Had the second cataract removed and finished the week of being a good boy, no heavy lifting, no stooping, no staining! Time for a sit with the 375 Ruger! It was just hot! Feeder went off and ten deer showed. They stayed until the corn was gone. 10:30 a lone deer came in but did not stay long. 10:45 a little breeze and the bird cage was a little cooler. 10:50 two smallish pigs showed! Got down on the first to enter the light but realized the second was a little bigger. When the bigger one cleared the feeder leg I touched off the 250 grain Sierra game King. Both of them bolted in a cloud of dust. Crawled out of the tower and it was still very hot on the ground. Good sign when there is blood on the third feeder leg! took a while to trail him. He made a 75 yard curve track but only was 50 yards from the feeder. 86 Pound boar. Too hot for much, cell photo and pealed him out right there!

Posts: 701 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm. That one is really really dead.
I was debating what to have for dinner tonight. Maybe some pork on barby.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5105 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Well done ! Love the description of "the bird cage"!

That pig looks 100 % European!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunt a lot all year long. We are going to break the streak of 100 degree plus days this year. So I started building my blinds or hides out of angle iron and welding cattle panels(heavy gage wire) instead of plywood to cover the sides. Plywood half way up the front and down the back for cover. If there is breeze, it lets it blow through! With just the wire looks like a big bird cage!!!

Posts: 701 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote