Find
Notify
Tools

Managed to bust a few
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted
Last weekend's annual pig hunt in the "wilds" of the Texas hill country was fairly successful. My brother was the lucky one this year, taking two nice boars.

I had to settle for a smaller boar and a fat axis doe, both taken with my Encore 209X50 shooting 260 grain Dead Centers.

Our other hunting buddy took a nice fat eating sized sow, but I wasn't as quick with the camera, so no picture.

Despite the rain, some meat was collected and much fun was had by all.

Posts: 3293 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
was this a canned hunt?

Posts: 39 | Location: In the middle of it all | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Quote:

was this a canned hunt?

No. We hunted two places, both low fenced where critters are free to come and go. Of course the deer species wander farther and faster than pigs, but they all move about. In typical Texas fashion, we do use corn to bait, but there's nothing "canned" about sneaking up on a pig in the middle of the night and shooting him with a muzzleloader by the light of the moon.

Posts: 3293 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote