THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HOG HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hogs, Warthogs, Wild Boars, Javelinas Hunting    Russian Boar Hunted in Argentina by Alfredo from Georgia

Moderators: Whitworth
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Russian Boar Hunted in Argentina by Alfredo from Georgia
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Russian Boar Hunted in Argentina by Alfredo from Georgia USA with the help of the Dogo dogs, Juan and his soon Ique.
WWW.HUNTINGINARGENTINA.COM.AR

Posts: 74 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice indeed, well done, Alfredo Smiler

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
That looks like fun!

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CaneCorso
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

~~~

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13

Posts: 622 | Location: CA, USA | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
looks great, What type of knife is that?

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
The knife is made by a local hunter a double edged daga ,but to be honest i prefer the hog hunter by becker camillus ,this daga is only a killing knife and you canot performed another tasks with it.CONGRATULATIONS TO ALFREDO AND MY SON OF 9 YEARS THEY WALKED ALL THE DAY IN THE BUSH VERY HOT AND WITH A BIT OF DANGER BECAUSE THE YARARAS.JUAN

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6369 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
I have one much like that I bought in Spain. Can
you explain daga? I talked to a few Spanish hunter who said he used 2 knives, one to kill and one for other chores.
Thanks Juan
Gene

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Daga is Spanish for a short sword which usually joined the main one, the swordsman being able to fight using both hands. It had two edges and a very sharp point´, sometimes being used to finish a fallen armored warrior. Then it was called "daga de misericordia", that is the mercy dagger.
hijack

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Yes this knife is based in a roman sword as the excellent applegate smatchet.This boar injured the lanhuel in the face and in a leg he fougth with great bravery as sus scrofa always figth thats why is one of my favorite game animals.juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6369 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
On the matter of 2 knives ,i prefer to use only one knife because i want to be as ligth as possible ,you have to run ,jump,and walk a lot so thats my preference.In spanish monterias ,the batidores ,take a big knife but usually thare are a lot of hunters there ,and you dont need to work the hog in the field .I saw an aitor rodrigo de yarto knife designed only to kill boars and it was formidable but with only a purpose.juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Thanks to you both. Mine looks like a short sword. Made By Muela and the model is called Podenquero. Seems a good factory knife but have yet to really test it.
Gene

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

One of Us
Picture of CaneCorso
posted Hide Post
I know this is a bit of a thread hijack, but I find this discussion of knives/short swords very interesting. Are there any photos that can be posted?

~~~

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
I USED SEVERAL MUELAS THEY ARE VERY GOOD KNIVES .JUAN

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gene: Podenquero means that which is a companion to the "podenco". A podenco is a kind of dog in Spain.

One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

One of Us
Picture of CaneCorso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by invader66:

That's a nice looking knife!

~~~

One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I have 15 or so Spanish Knives I have
picked up on trips there. About 60 knives in all. About time to go see Juan. Big Grin hijack

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
you only need to mail me and we can make a safari only using knives ill promise you will get a lot of adrenaline and at least a gold medal sci boar.juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Invader66

Nice blade Muela Right?
Perfect for boar hunting. Make it a priority to hunt wild boar with Juan in Argentina it is the best. Extreem hunting at its finest.

When you kill with your hands there is a reverence.

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Jeff
Yes, Muela and my wife and I talked about going
last night. Lots going on right now but it is on the list as I hear only great things about it.

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love that knife!