New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's Time Again
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
last 4 nights this mob has been in the trap---so looks like Tuesday night I'll be setting the trap-

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

one of us
posted Hide Post
3" of rain so trapping is a no-go until end of the week---won't be able to get across the creek.

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
That'll just give 'em more time to get comfortable. Good luck!

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ended up with 7 in the trap last week---all between 35 & 50 lbs Had my Nylon 66 SA .22 LR for a running pig shoot---

one of us
posted Hide Post
Went to my other spot 2 nights ago--they had been there prior to midnight 5 out of 7 nights--of course they stood me up. Tonight, went back with the .22-250 and the 12-ga, with the intentions of using the rifle if a solo came in, but putting a sneak on them with the shotgun and buckshot if the whole sounder showed. Well, about 20 minutes after the dinner bell sounded, they were there. But, I forgot about my sneak plans and had worn a white t-shirt and shorts, and the bugs were terrible, so I just broke the biggest sow's neck. Weight about 140 or so and she was prego too so good deal.

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Good report. Always good to take out those sows.

I trapped 3 on Thursday, getting ready for the Annual Reunion of the True community, a small community that like so many have faded into the past.

Two of them were boars and one was a sow, the bigger two went about 40 pounds each and the smaller one might have went 30.

I think Lora is going to season up a couple of the hams, wrap them in foil and bury them in hot coals for an hour or so for some fresh "pulled pork".

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Going back tomorrow night--winds are supposed to be right for my bow stand.

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Out last night and the pigs were no-shows. Checked their timing via the game camera and there are several boars coming after midnight, and the sounder is there about 2 out of 3 nights prior to midnight, so it's luck of the draw. Got to shut down hunting at this place end of the month so only have another week to punish them until after deer season. Mad