One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted
more

A Few of mine

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That double sided pig-sticker in the center is the kind we use here on the farm. Recommended by none other than Penn State University meat lab!

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some nice looking knives there.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Texasnimrod1960
posted Hide Post
Great looking knives.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
My father has just returned from Spain and amongst other knives, he brought me a beautiful Podenquero, just like the one you have in the center of your pic ....

Man .... I AM eager to hunt with it !!!

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Congrats You will love it.
Gene

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Where's your K-bar Invader?!

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Right next to my 1911 .45

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Excellent photo Invader! Doesn't take much to get me thinking of my time in the Corps! I still carry my K-bar in the field with me......old habits die hard!

Semper Fi, my friend

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Excellent knives, Invader clap!!
And nice pistol, also !!! Cool

congratulations !! beer

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
Invader - Who makes the Knife , 3rd from the right? I loka a bit like a puma white hunter.(my hog knife)

If you can't smell his breath, your're not close enough!

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Udeman in Spain and it is not near the knife the
Puma is. My pick is 3rd from left as it is hand
forged in a 700 yr old shop in the Spanish Mountains and the base of the forge was Roman. An old man worked the shop as had the last 8-10 generations of his family.
I spent an afternoon watching him. He finised
that Knife an was sorry he had to charge me $30.00us. It is SHARP and good memories.

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
nice knives marine ,i use kabars here too ,im carrying a kabar warthog rigth now.Ino carry a glock 40 but at 12 years old my father gave me a 191145 after reading jeff cooper from all my life it was a drean .Ihave several 1911s i love them congratulations.juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Invader66

Great pictures of your knives and I love the 1911 45 and the drill instructer hat set-up thumb
The big double edged Muela is the one to pick for wild boar hunting - size matters.

Post some more pictures - I like your style.

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of NBHunter
posted Hide Post
Since we're showing knives n 45's

---------------------------------

It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it

Posts: 741 | Location: NB Canada | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
EXCELLENT COMBINATION FOR HOGS OF 4 AND 2 LEGS ,MY FATHER ALWAYS CARRIES A 1911 I BUT NOW ,HES CARRYING A BERSA MINI IN 45 TOO I LOVE 1911S BUT NOW IM CARRYING A WAR MACHINE UGLY BUT INCREDIBLE EFFECTIVE A GLOCK 40 ,MY BROTHER NOW CARRY A CZ 75 BUT ALL OF US LOVE THE 1911S AND HAVE SEVERAL OF THEM .ITS LIKE OUR MAUSER 1909 ARGENTINE MODEL ,PERHAPS THERE ARE MORE MODERN ARMS BUT WE LOVE THE CLASSICS JEFF COOPERS AGREE .JUAN

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Yes we do thumb

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
My custom knife, to my design. It is perfect in my opinion.

Have I used it for hunting hogs, nope, but you never know?

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Oh, did I mention the handle is a full 5 inches and the blade is 9.5 inches and 1/4 inches thick at the gaurd, tapering to the tip. It full meets the Bladesmith Society hanging rope test for cutting.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
That is one beautiful knife. I agree it don't
get better than that. Who made it?? My wife is gona be pissed at you. Big Grin Nice.
Gene

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
A gentlemen in Fortuna, California (95540) named Chuck Richards. [http://www.woodchuckforge.com/]

I cannot be happier with the knife or Chuck's service making it.

The handle is made from a local hardwood called Pacific madrone. It is "stabilized" burl.

One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
Not to high jack the thread,but the .45 and knives got me interested.

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Nice old hk one friend of mine used by a long time a p7hk in mozambique among another weapons . ICarry daily in the city a glock 40sw and a sog folder ..juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
I love your Microtech that is one sewrious selfdefence weapon - Good for skinniung and field dresing to Big Grin clap

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Chuck does great work. The first picture here is my drawing for the knife above that he made for me. the second picture is his rendition for a knife competition. As you can see he did very well with the design.

I call it the "Sawyback Bowie" after a special mountain area that my family has gone for over 50 years.

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
One of the best knives i know for hog hunting is the mrexworks equatorian see it its incredible .juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA