Find
Notify
Tools

South Texas Hog Hunt - Photos
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted
I took my cousin Renee on her first hog hunt. We were on a ranch in south Texas near Carizzo Springs.

We got three pigs in total: She shot two small eaters and I got a decent sized boar.

I'm proud of her for doing most of the gutting/skinning herself; that's more than I can say for many first time hunters I see these days.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
Why could'nt I have a women like that.

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
She's single and can't figure out why she can't find a man who knows how to treat a lady and can handle a rifle mgun

Same ol' story, different gender... boohoo

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
And she's cute!

A true prize for the guy who lands here!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
She needs to find a local safari club and start going to meetings. I would bet she would do just fine at the Houston Safari Club. If I was a single guy I would be trying to get to know her.

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Thos pictures are great and it looks like you had a good time. Thanks for the report!

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
and i cant find a girl who likes to hunt and shoot because they a arn`t single killpc

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Good work. Since we got a little rain last week, hogs are starting to show up again. At the farm, they tore up the ground around my barn not 50 yards from the house two nights ago.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MADNESS
posted Hide Post
good stuff

were you spot lighting them of was it just on dark ?

Posts: 159 | Location: NEW ZEALAND | Registered: 03 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
Hey Madness. Of course it was hot as hell, so they aren't far from water this time of year. The first pig she shot was during the day. We crept up on him during his mud bath... he didn't even have time to grab a towel when my ol' cuz put 175 grains of hot lead right behind his ear. The other two were shot at night. It was about 10:00PM with a full moon. They showed up to a watering hole for some skinny dipping; the little perverts got more than they bargained for. Big Grin

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Congrats to both of you!! My hunting partner decided over breakfast this morning that we needed to get a hog hunt scheduled to get some more pork in the freezer.....early PM or night.

Bob

If I was 20 years younger.........

...she should have no problem.

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
O.K. This has GOT to be the prettiest girl in the world. Pictures really do tell a thousand words - beautiful smile, beautiful skin tone, but most importantly loves the outdoors. If I was single, tall, handsome and had a 7,000 acre ranch in the Golden Triangle of Texas I might try asking her on a date... I'll just stop before Kenati cuts me down with his killer AR 15 package.

Kenati, tell your cousin that she needs to hold out for a truly nice guy and not to rush into anything.

Not Psycho, just impressed. Regards.

Posts: 21 | Location: Deep South Texas | Registered: 24 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Looks like a good hunt and what a girl Big Grin
Glad ya'll had a good time.

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
What a gal. Eeker Likes to hunt, can shoot a rifle, and will clean her on kills. Cute as can be. sofaOh yeah, nice pigs, also. jumping

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Teat Hound
posted Hide Post
Can't find a guy who'll treat her right? She must not be looking too hard! A pretty young lady like that, single? Man!

Good job with the hogs, too! What was she shooting? 7mm?

-eric

" . . . a gun is better worn and with bloom off---So is a saddle---People too by God." -EH

Posts: 952 | Location: Bakersfield, California | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting.

There are still guys like that out there, but unfortunately they ain't like the older generation. Don't know the meaning of earning your stripes. I hire them all the time, and they can't seem to understand that you "earn" your pay and it is not an allowance.

I have a 24 year old nephew that hunts, is single and is a great guy. A good looking kid (hey, it runs in the family) and has a college degree and a great job doing some stuff for the government he can't tell me about.

I know for a fact he knows how to treat a woman, because his father, my brother can and would still kick the tar out of him, and his German mother, well, I can't even imagine. He currently works on the East coast, but I am sure I could lure him and his dad down for a Texas hog hunt.

A bunch of us "young" guys are going down to Franklin Texas to terrorize the wild swine in those parts with big double rifles.

Unboubtedly, there will be much more bullshot than anything else.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
have her call me.

Posts: 292 | Location: Indiana  | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
My first post here....

Nothing beats the pig hunting in South Texas. These were taken at my lease in Kinney County. Not pictured is my hunting buddy and cousin, who is member here, but I will not mention his name for the sake of his reputation.

Kenati:

If your cousin is still single and interested in another pig hunt, drop me a line. I'll get you both set up to come out the property and shoot some swine.

one of us
Picture of cold
posted Hide Post
These are the kind of posts and pics ya like to see, sharing hunting with others to keep the tradition going! good show!

Posts: 221 | Location: SEC | Registered: 15 October 2004Reply With Quote