New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pics from my Texas pig hunt.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Here is the pics from my January hunt SW of San Antonio. We shot 8 hogs and 2 Javelina.
I shot 2 hogs and a javelina with 165 grain Nosler partitions out of my 30-06. My friend shot 5 hogs with his 300 RUM, and a javelina with his Mathews bow. Another guy(not pictured) in our hunting party also shot a small pig with his 30-06.

web page web page

Fordfreak

Posts: 274 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: 04 July 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Nice pigs mate! I would like to hunt those javelina. Well done.

Posts: 7979 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Huge javalina!!!

well done
jeffe

Posts: 38513 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Congrats!! ......and yes, that is one big javelina! Did you weigh him?

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words gents.
Bob, I believe that javy weighed around 45-50 pounds. We did not have a scale handy to verify his weight before heading home. I left the specimen with my guide to have shoulder mounted and shipped back to Michigan.It should be just about ready to come home, he said it would take 4-5 months.

Fordfreak

posted Hide Post
Hey Fordfreak, I'm going to be moving to that area soon. Mind telling us which guide or ranch you used?

Posts: 10 | Location: N padre island | Registered: 18 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
FF,

Thanks.......he looks every bit of 45-50lbs!!

Congrats again,

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Calbowman,

The outfitter we used was Clay Pope of Pope Brothers guide service out of Stonewall Texas. He'll do a great job for you if you decide to book a hunt with him. Tell him you were recommended by Chase Huddleston. Maybe I'll get a discount next time I book a hunt with him.
Here is his web link. There are pictures from our hunt on his website.
Varmintexpress.com
Fordfreak