New
Find
Notify
Tools

Last weekend results!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Went up to my lease Thursday morning 10/31. Didn't get back till late on the 5th. No cell phone service, no internet, no radio. Completely forgot about the election for a few days.

Shot a stud Aoudad which I didn't recover and missed a good buck (but that's another story). I did manage to nail three hill country porkers.

Got a "twofer" with the Merkel, (7mm-08, 140gr. Accubond) Thursday nite at +/- 80 yds. DRT

I like shooting them below the ear. Don't mess up much meat. Sever the spine with the bullet and all you have to do is skin him down, cut the meat and the esophagus, then twist.

Nailed the blonde at dark thirty on Sunday evening.

Not as good as Dustoffer, but I've tallied 13 in the last three months.

Best

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like the start of some fine BBQ. I need to find the time to get back to Texas.

Posts: 150 | Location: Parks AZ | Registered: 31 March 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hawaiian_Hunter
posted Hide Post
Great shooting GW, LOVE that Merkel especially with the mannlicher forend, would love one in 9.3 x 74R. Was this in Uvalde?

ILLEGITIMUS NON CARBORUNDUM

Posts: 158 | Location: Moku Manu, Hawai'i | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
HH,
This area is about 18 to 20 miles north of Uvalde in an area known as Reagan Wells.
As to the 9.3 x 74R, I've contacted Steyr/Merkel. I've asked them to get me a price on acquiring a stutzen barrel and fore-end in the 9.3 x 74 chambering. I think it would be a great hog thumper. If they can't do it in the 20" stutzen, I've also asked as a second choice for a quote in the lightweight stalker length (+/- 25").

Best

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
I love it when you are piggie patrol!!! Well done, as usual! tu2 tu2

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Nice work as always, Geedubya! Happy to see you doing your part!

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scottfromdallas
posted Hide Post
One hog slayin SOB.

Posts: 1941 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 July 2009Reply With Quote