Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Looking for a Good Texas Hog hunt-Again
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Quote:

Bob, I looked at their website, now I have a coupla questions for you about their operation.

1. Did you spot and stalk, set in blinds over feeders?

2. Did you hunt at night?

3. Were the guides with you all the time? Or could you hunt on your own?

Mad Dog

1. Did you spot and stalk, set in blinds over feeders?

We rode around in a truck ("Safari style") and spotlighted the hogs where we found them. We didn't ask about hunting in other ways. I'm not sure if they have blinds around the feeders. The feeders are for the cattle but hogs come in to them. There are various feeders scattered around the entire ranch. We drove around the pastures and wooded areas and also checked the feeders when hunting the hogs.

2. Did you hunt at night?

Yes, mostly at night for hogs. We were also hunting yearling Eland (for meat) during the day. My friend and I each took one yearling Eland. We spot and stalked the Eland.

3. Were the guides with you all the time? Or could you hunt on your own?

Yes, the guides accompanied us all the time. But, again, we were hunting Eland during the day and hogs at night. I'm not sure if they will let you hunt on your own.

But, it would be simple to call them and ask about the hunting methods, etc. I'm sure they will be happy to answer any other quesions you may have.

Here's some pics:

The guest hunter bunkhouse:

The guest hunter bunkhouse kitchen:

One of our meat hogs:

Some of the Water Buffalo on the property:

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, the Water Buffs aren't on the hunting "menu". They're pets!!! And they are some spoiled rotten, fat critters too!!

Here's another pic of them:

BTW: All of the photos were taken in 2001.

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Bob, Ah, do you know how much to shoot one of those buffalo?

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote