Find
Notify
Tools

my 7mm Bullberry gets its turn
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted

Well, it's not a hog, but yesterday's gut pile played a role, and the 7mmBB got a chance to shine this evening. This coyote faced directly towards me from app. 235 yards, and the 140 grain BT smacked it in the center of the chest and killed it instantly. The audible "whop" of bullet impact was loud in the still evening air... Big Grin

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9379 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
Tag! Smiler

Good Shooting.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2319 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I luv it when you hear the "whop". Lot of the stuff I shoot is at dark thirty or later. It's comforting to hear the "whop" and then the scream of a mortally wounded porker. I was sitting about 100' up on the side of a cliff and out about 164 yds above a pile of corn way at the back of our lease at 6:17 PM Saturday evening when two big shapes appeared. I could see them through the binocs, but could not make them out clearly through the riflescope. Since they were hogs, and not deer I took the shot. Bummer. The "whap" of a bullet hitting the ground rather than the "whop" of the bullet impacting flesh. About the only thing more satisfying is, sometimes in the early morning when there's humidity in the air and you're shooting at say 200 to 250 yds., you let a bullet fly and you can hear the bullet "whooh whooh whooh" on the way to the target, then the "whop" and scream. Now that really puts a smile on the old visage.

Good stuff Bobby!

Best

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote