New
Find
Notify
Tools

Strike dogs.
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Gary is having trouble posting pictures, so this is from him.

Although our Jack Russell, Nip is a finder/bailer sometimes he forgets about his size and becomes the 'Strike Dog'.

Gary.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8012 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Attitude is everything. rotflmo

So now he is a catch dog too!

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That little guy has some heart.

I've found that small dogs have an easier time navigating through the thick brush and actually have an advantage over big dogs in tight spaces. But I've never used anything that small.

Posts: 470 | Location: Texas/NYC | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
A lot of time Nip will find pigs for us and start to bark. The big boars don't think he's much of a threat and will sometimes stay in the beds or waterholes....and then we turn up with the rifles or the big dogs clap

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8012 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
<gary_hall>
posted
Bakes.

Nip worked his magic again yesterday on a small sow. Have emailed you some photos. When are you heading down?

Gary.

one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Here's one mean little dog from Africa.

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Same dog, different animal. He loved to hunt.

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
<gary_hall>
posted
TJ.

Top photos. Our Jack Russell, Nip is a tenacious little thing and as you can see thinks nothing of hanging off a hogs ear.

Gary.

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Not comming down any time soon mate. Were on cyclone watch at the moment, its due to hit tuesday. I may be called into work. Have to go and clean up the yard now.

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
One of the dogs is a dogo isnt it.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6369 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Gary excellent dogs i love hunting with dogs is my passion i have a lot of them mostly dogos my wife use to have 18 dogos pointers and greyhounds SEE IN ANOTHER PART OF THE WORLD HUNTS THE PUMA HUNT IN ARGENTINA .JUAN

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6369 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Juan,
No mate Dogo's have been banned in Australia. The white dog you see is a bitza. She recently lost a battle with a boar and is no longer with Gary Frowner

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Bakes
Can you tell me why Dogos were banned in Oz?
Thanks
HQ

Posts: 305 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 13 April 2011Reply With Quote