New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting Warthogs with dogs...
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
This past time is very popular in Australia and from what I've seen in the US as well. Do people hunt warthogs the same way in Africa? I know they are quick and the fact they can duck down a burrow would be helpfull. Anybody hear of this style of hunting in Africa?

Bakes

Posts: 7978 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
African wild pig "Bushpig" is often hunted with dogs as they are very difficult to hunt in day time wihout dogs, at least were they are hunted with any regularity. Warthog is more in the open and it would not normally be considered sporting to hunt them with dogs. It is not normally done, at least not in Southern Africa, my region

one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
In good warthog country, there would be no real point to using dogs because the cover is so open. Also, warthog aren't any to wary so I agree with the above post. It wouldn't be very sporting.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote