New
Find
Notify
Tools

Biggest one in awhile
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Had a narrow window of good wind for my friend's place. Got comfortable and set up in the "bird cage". A few seconds before the feeder spun I saw a back in front of the lights. I figured it to be a corn addict deer. I looked anyway. It raised its head, no neck and big ears! Early pig! I have it happen before, feeder spins with a pig around. They run off and do not come back. Turned on the fire dot in the Luppy, put it on his should and touched off! 350 grain, 416 Ruger, fire cleared he ran. Feeder spun! I figured to sit until 9 (feeder spins at 8:30). If the deer did not show, maybe he was close. Deer showed! I could not stand it any longer headed to the feeder. There are two closed gates between my tower (bird Cage) and my feeder. If you wear enough clothes to stay warm in the bird cage you break a sweat opening then closing gates! Looked around where he should have been and not a drop of blood. With the light brown frost killed grass it should have been easy. Cows in this patch had knocked down most of the tall grass, I started looking. There are two game trails to the feeder. That's how bad the deer are! A running dead pig will take one or the other. 50 yards from the feeder I saw him laying. 215.7 pound boar. I centered the shoulder and the exit was mid body. In the shield out the shield, no blood trail, even with a 416! I had to drag him back to the feeder for pictures and weight with my ATV. He is wooly and looks rough from the drag.
how long does bloating last for men

This is not a real warrior boar but you can see how thick the shield is. The stuff just seals up a bullet hole.

Posts: 707 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mighty hard to beat a dead hog.

good for you.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5949 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Nice hog! tu2