New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trade Pig hunt access for African hunt?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am proposing that if someone might be interested in the above exchange here is what we do:
I will bring my 2 friends to your place to hunt. They pay full fees for your normal services. I would come along simply as an observer. This would give you a no-risk chance to meet me and we could talk things over. If things do not work out you will have been paid for 2 pig hunts and we separate.
What I have to propose is that I am the owner of Bombazi Wilderness in South Africa. http://www.bombaziwilderness.com If hunting Africa is of interested to you I would host you in South Africa or Cameroun to hunt on my place at my expense. In return I am looking for a place to hunt pigs myself. I am sure we could work out a win/win scenario. I am not looking for a place to guide anyone, just a place to hunt myself with an occasional friend or one of my sons.
I am a licensed PH in Cameroun. (I believe the only US licensed guide in the country.) I have over 100.000 acres of private hunting reserves and over 200,000 acres of government concessions that I hunt. I hunt everything from elephant through the diminutive duikers. My buffalo hunts are very successful, and you can look at some of the pictures on the web site above. One hunt was just recently posted on AR under Africa Hunting reports. I would bring some information when I come or can e-mail you if you give me an address.
I think it can be a positive experience for both parties.
If this sounds interesting please get a hold of me at 650-855-5871 work or PM me.
camshaft

Posts: 345 | Location: Cameroun, South Africa | Registered: 19 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's my proposal: I've got pigs running all over my 4000 acres more or less in NE Texas. However, they are shot on sight and are NOT the usually easy, under the feeders, enclosure type pigs. I've hunted on your place in the E Cape and had a great time. If you, personally, want to fly to Dallas (just under 3 hours drive from me), I'll pick you up and you can have at them. It will likely involve trailing, and close up personal shooting with absolutely no guarantees of success (BTW my fat butt will NOT be backing you up). However, the costs are zero on the ground here, so you are out a plane ticket to DFW at worst (I can pick you up there), if you don't mind sleeping on a futon (full house with 3 kids). If you want to bring other people, you'll have to fund your own accomodations, which are roughly 30 mi one way or camp out. Personally, I'd wait until at least Oct when it is cooler but you can come anytime. I had two guys from Miss. try it last Aug/Sept, hunted hard with no results, summer heat is the worst time around here for killing pigs. No trade involved, just a "thanks" for a fun time in S. Africa. Email me at sixtlghorn@aol.com if you want to try it. I'm sure there are better options available, BTW.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Heck of an offer. Does not solve my need for a local pig hunting spot, but it sure sounds appealing. Let me get back to you.
Camshaft

Posts: 345 | Location: Cameroun, South Africa | Registered: 19 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dukescav
posted Hide Post
Camshaft, as far as looking for a local place, what do you consider "local"? I run a large deer lease about 50 miles out of Houston. We have plenty of hogs and the season is never closed on them. I have a total of me and 64 of my closest friends on this properly which is over 10,000 acres. Do you live state side a part of the year? Maybe you could come hunt with us. We have electricity and a main camp site and there are enough sleeping spots to go around but you will not have 5-star accommodations but everyone that has hunted with us has had a good time. Our last bunch posted their photos on facebook under FBINA 226 Hog Slayer Society if you want to take a look. A group of law enforcement friends that get together every year for a week. If interested let me know and I can give you more details.

Posts: 47 | Location: Houston | Registered: 07 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My "local" is central California. I just like hunting pigs as a way to get out and away from work on short notice.
I appreciate your offer but it just does not seem to quite fit what i was looking for. I do appreciate your getting back to me.

Camshaft

One of Us
Picture of Dukescav
posted Hide Post
I know what you mean, I gave up fishing once I found out I could hunt pigs all year round. No need to dangle a line in the water any more. I'm loving it.

Posts: 47 | Location: Houston | Registered: 07 July 2010Reply With Quote