Find
Notify
Tools

hog hunting in argentina
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted
MOST OF YOU SAW THE PHOTOS OF MY THE HOGS IN MY FARM AND SEVERAL OF YOU HUNTED WITH ME NOW I HAVE A REAL PROBLEM THE POPULATION OF HOGS IN MY FARM EXPLODED AND I NEED TO KILL AT LEAST 100 HOGS .IM OFFERING 3 DAYS OF HOG HUNTING WITH DOGS BOW OR GUN FOR 500US ALL INCLUDED FREE NUBER OF HOGS.YOU CAN COMBINE THIS WITH DOVE SHOOTING.JUAN

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6363 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of the_captain
posted Hide Post
Juan - I see on the web page that your fees include the use of guns. Is it not possible to bring your own rifles/pistols into Argentina, or is the paperwork just really complicated?

How long is this price in effect? thanks, the_captain

==============================
"I'd love to be the one to disappoint you when I don't fall down" --Fred Durst

Posts: 759 | Location: St Cloud, MN | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great site Juan ,I really love the action pictures of the Puma and Dogs,that must be exciting. Rug

Posts: 590 | Location: Georgia pine country | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
YOU CAN BRING YOUR GUNS TO ARGENTINA EVERYBODY HAS GUNS HERE BUT THE GOVERMENT CHARGES 70US FOR EACH GUN SO FOR BIG GAME A GIVE MY GUNS TO MY CLIENTS FREE .FOR THE OFERTS YOU NEED TO MAIL ME BEACUSE WE HAVE SOME FREE SPOTS.JUAN

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6363 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Juan Jæger

The Import permit is only $ 30 US. thumb
I spoke to the Argentinian Embasy in Denmark last week. My paper work is all done and I am good to go. thumb

See ya in 50 days wave

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Andre: Juan is right on the 70 greenbacks. This is a new fee which is about to be enforced as per now. I´m sorry, but our present government ain´t much fond of firearms or hunting outfitters and dictated the Disposición Nº 175/2004 from the R.E.N.A.R. (National Firearms Registry) which makes life difficult for us, not so much for foreign visitors like you.
Regards and good hunting. By the way, be careful about the cebúes. These blokes look at you in the Ruarkian way, that is, like creditors. Big Grin

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess that I have the old form Frowner

Leyes 20.429 y 23.979 y Decreto No 395/75Ley National de Armas. Regulation Act No. 20,492. Mad

These papers are stamped by Argentinian Embasy in Copenhagen, I hope that they will get my rifles true the customs.

Cheers,

André

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
here in the interior provinces of argentina and rural townds everybody hunts and have guns so its very disgusting for us this taxes and stupid things but this left wing goverment dont like guns but bear in mind that in ever town of argentina there is a shooting range and a hunting club.juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Juan Pozzi:

Last night I read the chapter in Capstick's Death in a Lonely Land where he writes of hunting boar in Argentina with Dogos in the 1960s on the estancia of Amadeo "Chiche" Bilo. The particular boar they were hunting was a killer of livestock, sheep in this case. Have you heard of Mr. Bilo as a breeder of Dogos? Have you heard of boars killing and eating livestock? Capstick has a reputation as a bit of an exaggerator so I thought I would see if you could confirm any of this.

I know that they are omnivores and will eat almost anything, but have only heard ancedotally of hogs killing and eating livestock, and then not adults.

Thank you.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't know about the livestock issue but when I was hunting in Argentina some domestic hogs would come into the field we were shooting and help themselves to the doves.The did not seem to mind supplementing their diet with a bit of protein.

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
my wifes granparent hunted with bilo and i hunted boars in all the country ,yes thats totally rigth boars can kill lambs,and livestock and like a lot to eat meat,the last client killed a giant hog who was seeing running after livestock,eyedoc hunted with me two big hogs and can testify that capstick is rigth its very dangerous to hunt boars with knives ,i readed the book too and i have a consecion there in the rio negro to hunt the big patagonian boars.juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
bilo was a well known breeder and hunter one of his dogos is in the winchester fabric in bronze day the trevelin who died after saved the life of his owner capstick was there ,he was one of the few who guided knife hunts ,now im trying to rescue this tradition ,he always used a winchester as back up.he was a good friend of the nores martinez family creators of the dogo and good hunters too many of them are my family friends too

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Juan Pozzi:

Thank you (and eyedoc) for the first-hand information. It is nice to hear the confirmation of the stories from people who are there. Maybe one day I will get down there to chase the boars and buffalo myself.

There are knife hunts done in Texas as well, but I think on average the boars are not as large. I have heard of some in the range of the 500-600 pound boars Capstick wrote about, but they are usually feeding on crops. A boar that is a verified 300 pounds is large in the dry ranch country I hunt. Of course, few people are able to weigh them in the field to get an actual weight, so the estimates vary wildly.

Good hunting.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
in some remote zones of the cordillera de los andes mountains in the snow lives greats long haired boars my wifes grandparent told me that they feed on the rivers with fish,i coudnt believe that but later a well know local hunter buby campo ,confirmed that ,in my farm there are huge boars destroying crops ,we killed t least 200 last year eyedoc and his son killed 2 huge one wondeful like patagonian boars very log hair .please andre pot the photos ,s.thorsen another member killed 3 huges boars.we are killing them with bow ,revolvers shotguns and pistols clients for ever part of the world came to hunt with knife and dogos.last week i missed a huge boar running shot with my bow for only an inch my son took a small one with 3 shots in the head of his ruger 1022 22lrhis only 8 years old and he has his own dogo.next year i think we will kill a lot of good throphys.juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
mr capstick frecuently hunt goose ,boars and partrige in choele choel rio negro where i have a hunting consecion its a wonderful place in the patagonia full of wonderful boars and a lot of geese.juan he killed some cougars too .in the book el dogo argentino by vistor valino there are some histories of bilo and capstick.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sheep are particularly vulnerable to hog´s attacks. A big boar may kill many of them before being detected due to the dense woods. I can vouch the good doctor Del Campo Mercandino (aka Buby Campo) stories´ about giant hogs. In fact he was shown one or two years ago with a boar weighing more than 250 kilograms. He uses a double in 45.70 or a 375 Holland and also has hunted Africa. Unfortunately I don´t have his picture with that giant hog but it made the front page of the Vida Salvaje magazine.

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Juan-I beleive you are confusing me(eyedoc) with another gentlemen and his son that hunted with you last year.Me,Todd(son),and my brother Doug are scheduled to hunt with you guys the last week of May 2005 for hogs and buffalo.The gentlemen you are referring to posted the pics from his hunt on the site but I am sorry I cannot recall his name>

We seldom get to choose
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Juan Jæger Friend

Here are the photoes.

Cheers,

André

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
sorry mike i confused you with dr ron hes ronl another member of the forum he killed a beautiful boar ,anothers members killed a lot of boars with knife too willy1953,s.thorsen ,and a lot of others ,ron l can tell his dangerous experiece again if he reads this.juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Juan I remember that you have some hunters scheduled for buffalo and boars this month.How is taht hunt progressing?

We seldom get to choose
Than to slowly rot away!

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 470 | Location: Texas/NYC | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
the last big game hunting photos are in the international hunting forum,2 spectacular bufalos,3 boars,combined with doves ,ducks and dorado fishing.NOw im hunting boars with clients then i have jeffery denmark ,and then people from alska to hunt red deer.juan pd all the hunts were perfect most gold medal sci trophys

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Juan, I've got to say that you're killing me! Man, I would love to head over for a hog hunt. Maybe next year?

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
DEAR FRIENDS THIS YEAR WE HAVE ONLY FEW SPOTS SO NEXT YEAR WE CAN HUNT A HUGE BOAR WITH MY DOGOS ,THIS AFTERNOON WE WILL TRY TO KILL A BIG HOG WITH BOW .ILL POST THE PHOTO IF I HAVE LUCK BECAUSE ITS RAINING A LOT

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
IN DECEMBER FEBURARY AND JANUARY WE HAVE VEY LOW COSTS BECAUSE WE ARE IN LOW SEASON.JUAN

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA