Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wanted: Guided Hog Hunting
 Login/Join

posted
I am a beginner in hog hunting. I have not shot any hog yet. I am looking for a guided hunt trip around the DFW (2-3 hours drive), Texas areas. I want to learn what is the right things to do when I am out there, how to dress the animal, etc. I would appreciate any info that you can provide.

Thank you for your help.

Posts: 6 | Location: DFW, Texas | Registered: 17 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
If you scroll down you will see a report by Roland1 on his hunt at the Cook Ranch. You could also try the Nail Ranch. Ryan Campbell, who posts here, does hunts in the Brownwood area. Wendell Reich, who posts here, does some at his ranch.

I'm sure there are lots of others.

Caveat: These are just some suggestions -- I have not hunted with them and you should always check references.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try this, he'll do it all for you. All you have to do is show up armed. capt david
tell him david penn sent youyouhttp://www.hotguidedhunts.net/My_Homepage_Files/Page5.html

"It's not how hard you hit 'em, it's where you hit 'em." The 30-06 will, with the right bullet, successfully take any game animal in North America up to 300yds. Get closer!

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Charles,
I appreciate the plug.
TexasTea,
I'd be glad to talk to you and discuss going hunting. We've finally gotten some rain so that's going to help a lot.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of NBHunter
posted Hide Post
The five day forcast also shows rain for Thurs-Sat. That may pick things up.

---------------------------------

It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it

Posts: 741 | Location: NB Canada | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yep....it looks encouraging

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote