New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hogs in Florida?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Plan to be in Orlando in May. Any good places for big Hogs?

Posts: 142 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 09 June 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Why yes, there are many hogs in Florida. I hunt around Lake Okeechobee which is just soutwest of Orlando. There are a bundle of outfitters in the area. I have hunted at Fish Eating Creek Hunting Camp (Arcadia, FL) with great success. They can be reached at 863/675-4117 -- ask for Charlie. They charge $225 for a one day hunt, and $325 for a two day hunt. They have a place for you to camp (trailer), but you'll have to bring your own food/drink/etc. That's without a guarntee, but they will guarantee a hog for 500 bucks for a one day hunt. But, I wouldn't worry about it as the place is teaming with hogs and I've got a nice mount on my wall from a hunt there a couple of years ago. Caping and skinning will cost you a bit more. They're super people, and I highly recommend the hunt. Have a good time! Oh, and from Orlando it shouldn't take you more than a couple hours to get there -- they're right off of 27.

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
sure hope they are moving in the daytime will be on the ground first week of Feb for my first ever pig hunt.
everyone there wants me to get a pig so will have a lot of pressure to get one and will probably have a crowd along for the shot and how do you get with in 15 yds with a crowd --- herb

Posts: 4 | Location: Dumfries , New Brunswick ,Canada | Registered: 17 December 2004Reply With Quote