New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nice Laho'ole 2/13/11
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Aloha All well its been awhile and I just wanted to share this couple pics of a Nice Laho'ole (Castrated Boar) we caught a Couple weeks ago. He was one I cut some years ago and was glad to see him make it this far. We've been working our Bull Arab crosses and they are doing well. Hope to come on more often Smiler Hope you enjoy the pics. Take care and Happy Huntin' The last pic is of my daughter and the Bull Arab crosses both sister's.

Aloha

Dom

Hunting its not a Hobby its My Way of Life!!!

Posts: 449 | Location: Kaneohe,Hawaii | Registered: 20 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Aloha Dom,

I was stationed at Schofield in the late 70's and of course; have many fond memories of my time there.

Much to my surpise, when I arrived; great hunting on the islands, too. Managed to break a rifle stock when I took a fall chasing Piggies - what Sport!

The background in your Daughter's photo brings back some fantastic & not so good memories of trucking up (mostly) and down those ravines. Whew! I was alot younger, slimmer, trimmer & fit back then!

Nice Tooffers your Porker is sporting there Pal; your Daughter & the hounds Looking Good, too!

Waidmannsheil from The Fatherland!

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Beautiful dogs, Dom! Tell me more about them, please! Your hogs all have GREAT cutters! Very impressive!

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, great set of teeth, I don't think I've ever seen a better pair. Nice looking dogs as well. I don't think I could follow them in those mountains. I have a hard enough time following them in this relative flat land here.

Congrats, and aloha, from a fellow dog hunter.

Regards,
Larry

Posts: 3494 | Location: Des Allemands, La. | Registered: 17 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
those sure are some cutters!!

would look great on my wall Big Grin

fat chicks inc.

Posts: 475 | Location: Belgien | Registered: 01 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Aloha Dom,
Nice teeth! Did you trim or notch the ears to help you identify the laho'ole? Couldn't tell from the pics. Good looking dogs too!

Geoff

Shooter

Posts: 620 | Location: Mossyrock, WA | Registered: 25 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gerry:
Aloha Dom,

I was stationed at Schofield in the late 70's and of course; have many fond memories of my time there.

Much to my surpise, when I arrived; great hunting on the islands, too. Managed to break a rifle stock when I took a fall chasing Piggies - what Sport!

The background in your Daughter's photo brings back some fantastic & not so good memories of trucking up (mostly) and down those ravines. Whew! I was alot younger, slimmer, trimmer & fit back then!

Nice Tooffers your Porker is sporting there Pal; your Daughter & the hounds Looking Good, too!

Waidmannsheil from The Fatherland!

Aloha Gerry,

I currently work on Schofield.

Did that also a time or two...LOL!!!

Tell me about it brother im feeling it more and more as the years go by hahahahahahaha!!! Just this past week my daughter was laughing at me climbing up one of the ridges. She said "Dad, youre getting old! I remember when you ran up here with big boars on your back and now youre huffing an puffing just carrying your backpack." LOL.. Kids gotta luv um when thier brutally honest hahahahaha.

Thanks Again!

Aloha!!!

Posts: 449 | Location: Kaneohe,Hawaii | Registered: 20 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Whitworth:
Beautiful dogs, Dom! Tell me more about them, please! Your hogs all have GREAT cutters! Very impressive!

Aloha Buddy,

The Bull Arab is an Austrailian Breed made up of Greyhound,German Shorthair Pointer and English Bull Terrier as the Base/Foundation breeds used to make this one breed of dog. Other breeders have since added different breeds to the Arab to suit thier specific style/area of hunting.

We have Paulsen Bull Arabs which has a pinch of bloodhound added into the original line. Really love these dogs and they are turning out very well.

Thanks on the compliments wish all the boars we caught could have tusk like that one or BIGGER LOL!!! Jus joking Smiler we take what the good lord gives us as my grandpa always told us "You cant eat da tusk" LOL!!! But thier a great conversation piece hehehehe

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Matherne:
Wow, great set of teeth, I don't think I've ever seen a better pair. Nice looking dogs as well. I don't think I could follow them in those mountains. I have a hard enough time following them in this relative flat land here.

Congrats, and aloha, from a fellow dog hunter.

Regards,
Larry

Aloha Larry,

Thanks alot means alot comin from another dog hunter. I really enjoy your post as well when I come on here. You'd be fine in these hills just gotta go nice and easy Smiler Take care and Happy Huntin' to you and your dogs.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by geoff:
Aloha Dom,
Nice teeth! Did you trim or notch the ears to help you identify the laho'ole? Couldn't tell from the pics. Good looking dogs too!

Geoff

Aloha Unko Geoff,

Mahalo for the compliment! Yes, I notched and split the ear as a mark to identify him if we ever caught him again. Thanks the dogs are coming along very well good to see how theyre working out.

Aloha

Dom