Find
Notify
Tools

West Texas Hog hunting - any ideas?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted
I am interested in heading over to west Texas from Arizona in the next few months. Not looking forward to driving much further than the area around Junction, and hunting non trophy hogs. Any suggestions on ranches would be appreciated. Cull hunts for exotic does also. Thanks

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow Bill! I was going to ask the very same question!

I'll be very interested in the responses.

By the way... I just returned for the Pinetop/Show Low area. Pretty warm up there for this time of year!

Posts: 716 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, in about 6 wks., I'll be able to tell you about this ranch:

http://www.lazyrhunts.com/

We haven't hunted there, it's our 1st. time, but I like everything I've seen so far.

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
It will all depend on if the drought and wild fires continue statewide.

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Let me know, I did look at their web site and e-mailed them myself. Let me expand the question. Would also be interested in cull or doe hunts for exotics.
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Dog:
Well, in about 6 wks., I'll be able to tell you about this ranch:

http://www.lazyrhunts.com/

We haven't hunted there, it's our 1st. time, but I like everything I've seen so far.

Mad Dog

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well if you can make it as far as Junction then you are at the western edge of the hill country or if you took route 90 east on a more southern route you would come through Del Rio
which is the gateway to great south Texas hog/ pig hunting. If you still choose I-10 /Junction then there are more exotics as well as hogs in that territory. If you are interested in exotic meat hunts call Craig in Mt. Home (about 30 miles from Junction) 830-329-6250.
He is very reasonable but no pigs right now.

Posts: 208 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: 14 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
I really appreciate that and will call him. I have hunted near Mt Home and Leakey in the past but have no current resources there.

quote:
Originally posted by kaprota:
Well if you can make it as far as Junction then you are at the western edge of the hill country or if you took route 90 east on a more southern route you would come through Del Rio
which is the gateway to great south Texas hog/ pig hunting. If you still choose I-10 /Junction then there are more exotics as well as hogs in that territory. If you are interested in exotic meat hunts call Craig in Mt. Home (about 30 miles from Junction) 830-329-6250.
He is very reasonable but no pigs right now.

Theodore Roosevelt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a friend with a ranch not too far from Junction that has good hogs on it, I guide there for hogs and exotics several times a year, contact me and we can work something out.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote