Find
Notify
Tools

Empty handed again...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted
My bad luck hunting pigs has no limits...despite that I insist again and again Big Grin

I spent the whole night feeding every blood sucker creature around in a corn field destroyed by pigs and NOTHING, not a single squeal or oinc to at least put some emotion in the night.

Well let me tell you a secret...and let me tell you that I am not ashemed, when hunting s**t happends and I nearly screw it.

During the last few minuts of light we (my hunting buddy and I) saw a black animal moving inside the corn and in the tall grass of the corn border, I whisper to my friend..."shoot it"...and he said.."I'm not sure if it is a pig"...I whisper again..."shoot that bloody thing", and he refused again, and I insist again, finally he aimed and bang two times!! and missed the two shots, the giant pig run and we run after, when we arrived to the corner we find face to face with a terryfied black aberdeen angus calf !!!! Roll Eyes

Thanks God he missed or my brother in law (the owner of the farm) would have kill us Big Grin

As I said, I am not ashemed, by accident that calf was inside the crop (it's is fenced), he was black, hairy, small and walking nearly at night inside the corn, so we arrived to two conclusions, never shoot if you are not 100% sure what are you shooting at and that that night we must limit our shots to no more than 100 metres because beyond that we don't hit a cow Big Grin

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo -- that is what hunting is all about! Stuff happens! My last three outings netted exactly nothing -- but I had a great time nonetheless.

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Just a question Lorenzo, hopefully it won't draw the ire of the masses. Do you or have you tried using a spotlight at night on the oinkers. I that it ios not sporting or ethical to most folks, but here in Texas, once hogs have been shot at a couple of times, they go nocturnal. Lots of folks here go to hunting them at night using spotlights to see the things. Just curious.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Yes I use them, in fact I was carrying one for later in the night.

I use a night division device I bought from a soldier who went to Congo with the peace troops. After I see the pig I turn on the spotlight.

Sometimes I hunt something but most of the times not and that is what all is about, I enjoy sharing those moments with friends, if we kill something better if not doesn't matter, we hunt for fun and not for surviving Big Grin

I will go again thursday night and see what happends, lots of hunting preasure here and the pigs know how to write and read in several languages.

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
I'd love to try night hunting. It's not legal everywhere though......unfortunately.

Great attitude Lorenzo!

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote