New
Find
Notify
Tools

Four out of Eight
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Haven't been hunting much lately been to busy with deer hunters but I went out Friday night with some guys from Kansas. Went to arecently harvested and found eight pigs in the field.Unloaded the catch dogs and put them on a leash and started out to pigs. When I was close enough to spot them with the light I let the three catch dogs loose and they caught two right away.On the way to the second pig I spotted another pig and let the leashed up dogs go and one caught the pig and the other went to the stagxbull that was already caught. We dispacthed these two and then they caught another. After all was said and done we caught 4 out of 8.We started at 10 pm and finished at midnight.

Posts: 157 | Location: Pearsall, Tex. | Registered: 25 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A 4-porker evening sounds like a good evening's entertainment to me. What did the Kansas guys think about it? Did they keep any of the meat?

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They were plenty excited.Their sister wouldn't let them put the pigs in her new pickup so I had to give them away!

Posts: 157 | Location: Pearsall, Tex. | Registered: 25 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by duckman:
They were plenty excited.Their sister wouldn't let them put the pigs in her new pickup so I had to give them away!

not even in the bed of the truck? Confused

Looks like some good eaters. Should have had them skin and quarter them and put them in a cooler.

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this all happened in about a 15 minute interval and getting from one catch to the other in a sandy field was quite a chore for this old fat boy.I needed to get home and get some sleep before I had to meet some deer hunters at 5 am.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
this all happened in about a 15 minute interval and getting from one catch to the other in a sandy field was quite a chore for this old fat boy.I needed to get home and get some sleep before I had to meet some deer hunters at 5 am.

duckman,

I was just messin' with you! tu2

I don't know whether you're having too much fun or spreading yourself too thin. But at least you're living large! I like that.

Best

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I think both! horse

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sometimes I think both! horse

Good on ya!

What's the old bromide,
I want to skid into my casket thirty minutes late with a martini in my hand, my parts all worn out shoutin' wahooo, what a ride! Wink

Best

GWB