Find
Notify
Tools

A battle is not the war...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted
At 9 pm we saw a bunch of pigs coming from the bush into the corn, 3 femals, a medium size male and a bunch of pigglets. We were very excited !!

A couple of minutes later we heard pigs feeding at our right and and left. Finally at 11 pm a pig appeared at the waterhole, I changed my night vision device for the spotlight and give the sign to my hunting buddy to get ready.

When I turn on the spotlight there was no pig!!
I move up and down the light like crazy but nothing !! finally we saw his back (a$$) going away and the 3006 went BANG !! we heard clearly the WOMP of the bullet hitting the pig and we heard him running breaking some branches and corn plants.

We wait one more hour to see if another pig shows up but nothing so finally and to avoid wife punishment we decided to put an end to the hunt and go after our future sausages.

We don't find a single drop of blood !!! not even one, and it will be very easy to find it in the corn plants, we walk up and down the route the pig used to escape and nothing, finally after 30 minutes we gave up and return home...EMPTY HANDED AGAIN !!!!

We told the man in charge so he will give a look today with his dogs.

We will return wednesday night but this time we will ambush them in the place they went into the crop.

I think we must check the scope, it was the same combo that last week missed the angus calf at 200 metres Big Grin

As I said, a battle is not the war. My fans, keep your faith on me that sooner or later I will bag one, now is my turn, my buddy will carry the spotlight and my 9,3x62 will be ready... mgun

To be continued...

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo: you didn´t quote the brand of whiskey you were sipping. I can bet that there is an Angus calf with a royal pain in the ass due to a bullet Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

At least we gave him a lead suppository for his haemorrhoids Big Grin

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
To quote the line from The Outlaw Josey Wales, you must endeavor to persevere.

Good luck next time.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another quote from the "Outlaw Josey Wales",
"The buzzards gotta eat, same as the worms."

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote