Find
Notify
Tools

Handcuffing pigs
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted
I was fortunate enough to be invited on a feral pig hunt in central Texas last spring. I toted my .44 revolver because I was told there wouldn't be much need for a gun...they handcuffed the pig and sold them to a guy that buys wild pigs.

Now having never seen this before I must tell you that they have six dogs that run the pig down and hold them until the handcuffs are applied. We 'cuffed two and shot two more. The breakfast sausage is truly good.

Anybody else out there handcuffing wild pigs?

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Deerdogs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vapodog:

Who the Hell is going to admit to that!!! [Big Grin] [Wink] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1978 | Location: UK and UAE | Registered: 19 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have heard rumors of folks getting caught handcuffing sheep and goats before but never hogs. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Doug

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, Wash, DC | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Live capture with dogs is pretty common around here, but I never heard of slapping the cuffs on them!

Running them at night with dogs and using a knife to dispatch them is a lot of fun too. It can get pretty wild crashing through a cedar thicket to the sound of howling dogs and screaming hogs with nothing but a Mag-Lite in one hand and a knife in the other. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1046 | Location: Kerrville, Texas USA | Registered: 02 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
Well darn!
I thought this thread was about rounding up women's lib type Arnold Schwartzenegger clones who had been playing grab ass at Muscle Beach California.
Jim

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Goes on all the time down here. Use bay dogs to turn them and a good catch dog to hold. Leg them and then tie their snout and legs. Drag them out and put them in a crate to feed out and butcher or sell. Also have castrated the boars and then cut them loose. Used plumbers helpers, piggin' strings, and duct tape but not handcuffs. I wouldn't want to have to unlock too much.
It's amazing watching an experienced person do it, especially in a palmetto swamp in the middle of the night. Loads of fun.
Jeff

Posts: 177 | Location: Arcadia, Florida | Registered: 15 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Is somebody pulling my leg? Handcuffs? Do you read them their rights, too?

Posts: 4 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: 12 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tackleberry, they have no rights [Razz] We just bookem & cookem [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoonDawg:
Tackleberry, they have no rights [Razz] We just bookem & cookem [Big Grin]

[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I once wanted to handgun hunt hogs, but was put off when I was told they usually just caught them alive. [Eek!]

A friend had been in on a couple south Florida hunts where they captured them to send off to a shooting preserve. After hearing that, it lost some appeal. Oh well.

Posts: 588 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 08 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BW
posted Hide Post
CoonDog,

Could you drop me an e-mail about those bullets I sold you? Still no money order here yet.

Thanks

Posts: 778 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BW check your e-mail.

one of us
Picture of BW
posted Hide Post
Coondawg,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm sure the Post Office screwed up, and I appreciate your efforts to correct the problem.

Thanks again...

Posts: 778 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vapodog:

Once when I was in college, but I don't talk about it anymore now that I am married.

Posts: 6254 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know people who have handcuffed hogs in Louisiana. Zip ties also work well apparently.

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
These guys are ex vice squad refugees....

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hogs in handcuffs? You go first.

-  -

Posts: 424 | Location: Kali-fornya via Missouri | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Nothing new here!!!! I live in south west georgia and hunt 2 plantations on a regular basis. There is no better way in my opinion than handcuffing once the catch dogs have it caught flip it on its side apply the cuffs and carry it out.

Posts: 6 | Location: dawson/georgia | Registered: 05 November 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Spectr17,

That was the best post I've seen in quite a while.

Thanks,

Scara

one of us
posted Hide Post
THIS IS A NEW ONE FOR ME...I HAVE CUFFED LOTS OF MEAN SMELLY ANIMALS, SOME TRIED TO BITE AND KICK ME, AND SOME WANTED TO FIGHT, BUT NEVER CUFFED A HOG. HOW ABOUT UNCUFFING THEM???? WHAT DO U DO WHEN YOU TAKE THE FIRST CUFF OFF?? SOUNDS LIKE YOU WOULD HAVE A FIGHT ON YOUR HANDS WITH SOME AGGRAVATED PORK.

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD SHOOTING,
ETERRY

Posts: 839 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One must use little tiny handcuffs, the kind the feds use on babies cuz hogs have little tiny wrists!

Actually they do use handcuffs on hogs...They use the plastic slips, you can get them from your favorite Iraq supply house or from you local cop, gunshow owner, or friendly Fed. They really work great.

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
I had my dogs at a bay trial in Lousianna about ten years ago. After the event around the fire pit, conversation got on the subject. One man talked about how much nerve it took to step in and use a knife to kill a boar. The next man stated that was easy, try to use a piggen' sting and tie one. The elder gentleman in the back spoke up and said, "That ain't nothin' boys, the fun starts when you UN-Tied 'em!"

I guess the only way to top that would be to pin a boar to the ground by his ears and make him cry uncle. [Eek!]

BTW - I'm heading down to the Cumberland Mtns. next week to do some hog "relocation" on my friends deer lease. Relocating them to my freezer that is. [Big Grin]

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote