New
Find
Notify
Tools

Questions about tipping
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have booked a 2-3 day wild boar hunt for this Spring at a private game preserve in Tenn. This place is mostly a family operation and it has received very many over the top reviews. People rave about the size of the animals, the accommodations, and the food. It's an all inclusive hunt for one price that even includes the non-hunting spouse's food and lodging at n/c. The only extras are processing of the dressed carcass at the butcher and taxidermy. There even is a no kill, no pay policy. My questions are - who do I tip, and about how much %?
Surely the guide, but what about the guys who gut and quarter it, the cooks, the people who clean the bedroom and lodge. What about the owner through whom everything is arranged? I don't want to be stingy, but also not an easy mark. Any suggestions from experienced people will be appreciated.

Defend the 2A - if you can't fight for your rights you don't have any!

Posts: 66 | Location: Southwestern Ohio | Registered: 04 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's up to you how much to tip. Ask the owner what other hunters are doing. Standard tip is about 10% of the cost of the hunt, more if everything is outstanding. Some owners/outfitters will divide among the hands, like happens in restruants, some do not. It's up to you.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping they cover the topic of tipping (bet the will) in the first day pre-hunt orientation. I want to do what is right and proper but don't want to be a sucker either. Thanks for your input.

Defend the 2A - if you can't fight for your rights you don't have any!

Posts: 66 | Location: Southwestern Ohio | Registered: 04 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's an all inclusive hunt

after that, I'd maybe have to give something to the one or two that went above the call.
tips are earned [unless they are making 3.15]

Posts: 4986 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote