Find
Notify
Tools

A Couple of 'Real' Texas Hogs!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TXPO
posted
This is the wife of a good friend of mine. She shot these 2 bad boys a couple of seasons ago on my property in Eagle Lake, Texas. These were her first 'Big Game' kills and she was VERY excited! She shot both of these within a span of 15 minutes with a 30-30. I'm guessing they will be 300+ pounds each.....all I know is if I didn't have a 4 wheeler these guys would still be in the thick woods!
[Eek!]  -

Posts: 700 | Location: Wallis, Texas | Registered: 14 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice pigs.

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Wes,
eagle lake, did you say? hmm, i can be there in 2 hours!!

lol
jeffe

Posts: 38500 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
TXPO,
Have you weighed 'em yet? Nice pigs!

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
NICE HOGS, THE ONE ON HER LEFT LOOKS A LOT LIKE MY FIRST HOG. WISH I COULD TALK MY WIFE INTO GOING HUNTING WITH ME....MAYBE IF I GO SHOPPING WITH HER MORE OFTEN.......

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD SHOOTING
ETERRY

Posts: 839 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
eterry...

please find and disable your caps lock key
jeffe

one of us
posted Hide Post
sorry to offend you there jeffery...i thought i was still at work and i write all reports in caps...what part of texas are you from ? i am next to the red river in wichita county.

good luck and good shooting,
eterry

Posts: 839 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
eterry..
Thank you sir. In netiquitte, all caps is regarded as shouting.

I am down by houston, just a tad north of the intergallatic airport!!!

how are ya?>
jeffe

one of us
posted Hide Post
TXPO

Very Nice..........................and the hogs too. I noticed this young lady is holding a bolt action rifle so if it was a 30-30 perhaps it is a Savage 340.

Jeffeosso

Dont let Eterry's modesty catch you off guard. He can tell you a few wild tales about hogs and other game. You can't wander up and down the Wichita and Red river all your life on everything from lop eared mules to four wheelers in search of adventure and all manner of wild game without a few hair raising yarns to spin.

Posts: 1534 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeffeosso, I havent hunted down in your neck or the woods, the traffic going down there would probably give this country boy a heart attack. And dont pay no attention to Craftsman, he is just another reformed coon hunter from the sticks in north Texas...and talk about stories...no-one can spin a better hunting yarn..or take longer doing it, than Craftsman. [Big Grin]

I too noticed that the rifle the lady was holding appeared to be a bolt action, or maybe a camo-ed Marlin 336 ??????

I hope all had a safe and happy turkey day.

good luck and good shooting,
Eterry

one of us
Picture of TXPO
posted Hide Post
Eterry....you are correct...it's a camo'ed Marlin 336.....and who said the good ole' .30-30 is a pipsqueak???? [Big Grin]

Posts: 700 | Location: Wallis, Texas | Registered: 14 October 2002Reply With Quote