THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HOG HUNTING FORUM

Moderators: Whitworth
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I guess we have been killing to many hogs?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Harold R. Stephens
posted
I just got the call from the lease manager that he is shutting the place down for at least a month. Said that the landowner complained that there had been to much activity down there since deer season???

I guess we have been to successful as the hog numbers are down the last 2 years. On our last trip we were still seeing plenty of 30 to 40 pigs per sounder. Since it is not my place and we kill hogs and varmints for free, I can't complain, don't understand, just can't complain?

Thing is that they are losing half their turkey season too? Well I will try to get everything rescheduled for May?

Now to start working on finding another place to help the land owner?

Founding member of the 7MM STW club

Member of the Texas Cull Hunters Association

Posts: 512 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Alas, the price of success!

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's really too bad.

Is there any chance that someone may have been going on the land and disrespecting it? And the owner thinks it might be you guys?

Oxon

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe they will let you come back pretty quick.

Posts: 221 | Location: florida big bend | Registered: 14 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Harold R. Stephens
posted Hide Post
It just boils down to the landowner thinks that he needs to let the place set for a while. He is getting older and each year he comes up with some strange ideas about what he thinks is management. Seen it before, when a landowner starts to make strange request/demands it doesn't take much for them to get cross with you and run you off. The guy that leases the place has a lot of money and 18 yrs invested in the place and Im not going to be the reason he loses the lease.

Bottom line its his place and we will do as he says. Sad thing, these trips get organized months in advance, trying to get 10-15 busy professionals schedules coordinated is not easy. It looks like May before I can get the schedules back in sync.

If I look at the bright side just look at how many pigs will get born and will be just the right side to put on the Bar-B-Que pit.

Founding member of the 7MM STW club

Member of the Texas Cull Hunters Association

Posts: 512 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote