New
Find
Notify
Tools

Caught two
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
more last night.One in a pond and one in a prickly pear bush. Seems here lately all I am catching is big boars. That sucker in the pond cut both bulldogs and two curs.Didn't get a picture of the pig in the pond, one dog was bleeding pretty bad and I had to take care of him . Didn't think about a picture.

Posts: 157 | Location: Pearsall, Tex. | Registered: 25 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have you thought about your dogs wearing those protective vests? Hate to see them get hurt or worse.

Thanks for the picture.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duckman,

good on ya! tu2

It' looks like you're doin' all the good when it comes to putting a dent in the boar population.

I'm hoping to get a shot at doing some porker pokin' in a week or so.

Best

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have you thought about your dogs wearing those protective vests? Hate to see them get hurt or worse.

Both dogs were wearing vests and the cuts were where the the vest didn't cover. All of my bay dogs wear a cut colar only.

I will give you a short story about this second hog because it is quite interesting.We were roading the dogs around a peanut field when I noticed a couple of them would throw their head up and wind the air and then leave the field to the north only to reappear shortly. Early last night a cool breeze started blowing from the NW. It was a beautiful night with a full moon beaming so I could see the dogs working without a light.My intentions were to work a brushy area on the NE corner of the field because I have found hogs bedded up there before.However when I got to the corner the dogs disappered.A quick look at the garmin showed one dog going south on the county road and the other going north at a fast pace. WE loaded the other dog set out on the CR after the other dog. When we caught up with him he was about 300 yds inside the ranch we were hunting Bayed Solid. We entered the ranch through another gate but when we got close to where I thought he was bayed we found that he had broken bay and moved farther to the SW. that was good because that put him directly upwind from me. We watched the garmin and eased to within 100 yards and let out another cur for moral support for Buddy. When the second cur started bay we leashed two catch dogs and walked to whithin 25 yds and released them. When they caught I could tell it was a big hog because he only grunted instead of squealing. When my bud and I got there he went to the rt and I went left around a large prickly pear bush.Since he was looking at me my bud caught him by the hind legs and I applied the stainless. After all was said and done no dogs were injured. By this time it was 3:30 am so we uncollard dogs and came home.Buddy did a good job on this as all of this running around took about an hour.

Posts: 157 | Location: Pearsall, Tex. | Registered: 25 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice work as allways..

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote