New
Find
Notify
Tools

Public land around the Coalinga area?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anybody know of PUBLIC LAND areas around Coalinga that have pigs? I know that there has to be some, but I don't have a map of that area like I do for the area north of Fresno showing what is public and what is private. I know that there are supposed to be pigs around the Pine Flat Lake but problem is that the area they are supposed to be in looks like it is all private, or surrounded by.

I know somebody in Coalinga that has a coworker that has some land there, I am going to see if I can get her to open the door for me so I can get over there.

450 isn't too bad to pay for a hunt when you have a guide that can take you and put you on one. But I'd be willing to spend more time finding them if I was saving the money. 450 is a lot of gas to drive the hour to Coalinga. Smiler

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Sure wish I could help you Red, I am having the same problems in Tehema County. I live around Lake Shasta and have been looking for some public land where one could find some pigs.

I talked to the DFG and was told 99% of the pigs are on private land. bull They told me that the 1% may be found anywhere. BLM has some good maps that show public and private land, but they say the same thing about where the pigs are.

At this time $500 for one pig is not my idea of a fun day.

I have offered to trade a day of flyfishing on the Trinity or Sacramento for a day of pig hunting but no takers to date.

Good Luck

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
What about the wild pig reserve in Tehema. I think it is State or BLM land andthey regulate the hunting on it?

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Coalinga offers some good hunting areas on BLM land off of Coalinga Road. Contact the BLM field office in Hollister at (831-630-5015) for more information concerning specific areas and maps.

This is from a website on cal hunting

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jboutfishn,

I've seen pigs twice 3/4 mile down stream from the barge hole near Anderson. Don't know if thats public or private there.

Posts: 120 | Location: West Slope, CO | Registered: 14 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T Bone:
jboutfishn,

I've seen pigs twice 3/4 mile down stream from the barge hole near Anderson. Don't know if thats public or private there.

Thanks for the heads up Smiler There is a small strip near Paynes Creek but most of it is private land thumbdown

Thanks again, appreciate you note

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote