THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HOG HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hogs, Warthogs, Wild Boars, Javelinas Hunting    Re: Texas Tusker taken with a 270 warning PICS gra

Moderators: Whitworth
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Texas Tusker taken with a 270 warning PICS gra
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of cold
posted
I might be mistaken let me go check and ill get back to ya

Posts: 221 | Location: SEC | Registered: 15 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cold
posted Hide Post
Ok so shot this texas tusker on thursday at around 1pm in the afternoon in Albany Texas, temp was about 40 degrees and clear skies, this boar was wallowing in a muddy tree stumped area, came around a corner while hunting for deer, saw him and BLAM, 180 grain hornady right before the sholder as he quatered away. Now he stumpled and feel not more then 3 paces later. So I am now a believer that shot placement is the key indeed, although after seeing his size, I am now looking into buying a 375 HH barrel for my Blaser R93.

tusks on this guy were almost 5 inches so I lopped the head off and am going to have an european mount done of the head alone, should really show off them pearly whites!

Posts: 221 | Location: SEC | Registered: 15 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice hog. 180 grain hornady .277" ? are you sure?

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote