New
Find
Notify
Tools

how big dis pig?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 218 Bee
posted Hide Post
I've never have been worth a damn estimating weight on the hoof and ain't too proud to admit it. I also have no idea how big the average Hong Kong dumpster is!

I will opine that he's big enough in my book to keep him above my self-imposed-and-occasionally-violated ".30 caliber" line (which is only of importance to yours truly).

One like this would be a load of fun inside 50 yards with a double or a big lever action. That said, I've got enough hogs to contend with around here...so I won't be packing for Hong Kong hog hunt anytime soon...

Thanks for the link!

Mark

DRSS

"I always take care to fire into the nearest hillside and, lacking that, into darkness." - the late Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 613 | Location: Coleman County, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
How big is the dumpster?

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
I will not even make a guess as to that bastards weight, but if looking at something like that at a feeder, a .458 Win Mag would be a realistic choice as a firearm!

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Harold R. Stephens
posted Hide Post
Those are trash carts not dumpsters and are about 40" tall. Still a big pig no matter how you stack it.

Founding member of the 7MM STW club

Member of the Texas Cull Hunters Association

Posts: 512 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My guess is 300lbs on the hoof.

He's certainly got lots of girth and length.

A 158gn JHP from a .357 mag pistol behind the shoulder would have him down in 30 yards or less.

Posts: 348 | Location: queensland, australia | Registered: 07 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't think he is all that big. Feet just aren't big enough. 300 lbs pig has big feet! Camera position or maybe the way it is blown up.

Posts: 752 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Strange looking head and shoulders.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6028 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
and on down in the article goes into hogs in England. so don't know if talking about 2 places, or there's a Hong Kong in England.

Posts: 501 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Big enough to get into the dumpster. In the right place, shoot.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Medium sized Russian would be my guess.

More internet fluff here?
Excerpt - The footage shows the boar trying to pull a black garbage bag out of the can while his piglets stand guard.
Top of dumpster appears to be closed and roped down. Bags are laying on top. Confused
Look like young adults, not piglets? Roll Eyes
Do young adult hogs ''stand guard'' ready to squeal if the cops come? Big Grin

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5239 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote