THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HOG HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hogs, Warthogs, Wild Boars, Javelinas Hunting    OK,here's the rest(I ain't too good with photobucket yet)

Moderators: Whitworth
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OK,here's the rest(I ain't too good with photobucket yet)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of AR-Patriot
posted
Here'a the rest of 'em,sorry about that!
0131_zpsd1a85db1.jpg[/I MG]

"The tree of Liberty,from time to time,must be replenshed by the blood of Patriots and Tyrants."
Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 50 | Location: Proctor,Texas | Registered: 27 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Give us some details around the critter and the hunt

NRA Benefactor
TSRA Life
DRSS
Brno ZP-149 45-120 NE

Posts: 937 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: 09 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AR-Patriot
posted Hide Post
I am hunting semi-suburban,on 1000 acres sorounded by 10 acre ranchettes in the Hill Country Northwest of Austin,Texas. Am fortunate(I guess,the landowner would disagree)to have a fedaral preserve boundaring(?) on side of the property. A week ago wendsday,while sitting on stand over my feeder,right about sundown,this boar saunters off of the Preserve onto our property. Wind was in my favor,but something tipped him off,because about half way to the feeder,he suddenly turned and headed back for the fence. I got a clear shot with him on the trot,and my Remington 700 with a 150 gr .308 Win.did the rest.Shot paced at just over 135 yds.I estimate he wieghed between 230-250.He had about 1 1/4" upper tusks,but hardly any lowers,maybe 1/2".Unfortunetly,he was really rank,so he became coyote groceries.Going to go back for the skull this evenging,if the 'yotes haven't dragged it off.

"The tree of Liberty,from time to time,must be replenshed by the blood of Patriots and Tyrants."
Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 50 | Location: Proctor,Texas | Registered: 27 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AR-Patriot
posted Hide Post
in the previous post on Lil' miss yote,I was on the same stand,this young female coyote came out and spent about 30 minutes walking around the field snapping the seeds off of the broom weed. I wasn't gonna take her,but she wouldn't leave,and I didn't figure any deer would come out with her there,so I finally shot her at about 60 yds.Probably good though,we have an abundance of them in the area.Lots of the cityfolk that move out here loose their little foo-foo pets and get upset when you tell them they were probably 'Yote ord'erves!

Thomas Jefferson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You gonna make the wife some ear rings out of the uppers?

NRA Benefactor
TSRA Life
DRSS
Brno ZP-149 45-120 NE

Posts: 937 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: 09 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AR-Patriot
posted Hide Post
Now there's a thought!Go good with the CHL she just qualified for!!

Thomas Jefferson

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
congrats!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Congrats all around! Good to see you out there!

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote