THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HOG HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hogs, Warthogs, Wild Boars, Javelinas Hunting    Places to hunt hogs around Dallas and north into OK?

Moderators: Whitworth
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Places to hunt hogs around Dallas and north into OK?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a friend that has a business trip scheduled in Dallas at the end of March.
Three of us would be driving from eastern South Dakota.

I am looking for suggestions on a place to hunt some hogs that is within 1 to 1.5 hours from Dallas or north into Oklahoma.

If anyone has any suggestions of where to start looking. I would greatly appreciate it.

Not looking for anyone's honey hole or anything. Just a nice, cleanly run operation to put some pork in the coolers.

PM's welcomed.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Black Mining Hills of Dakota | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you'll go a couple of hours east of Dallas, Heartsbluff is an exceptionally well run operation with good people and lots of pigs.
Heartsbluff Game Ranch

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Talk to Wendell at www.huntersquest.com
He owns the Red Bluff Ranch and I've hunted hogs with him in the past.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Black Mining Hills of Dakota | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
Check out Reed Ranch It's not a fancy high fenced place. In fact it is a cattle ranch with a deer hunting club and is pretty rustic, but I like it. Reed Ranch is about 75 miles south/southeast of Dallas.

The deer hunters actually do the guiding for individuals or small groups. I am already scheduled to host two hunters in March.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 633 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SDhunter:
I have a friend that has a business trip scheduled in Dallas at the end of March.
Three of us would be driving from eastern South Dakota.

I am looking for suggestions on a place to hunt some hogs that is within 1 to 1.5 hours from Dallas or north into Oklahoma.

If anyone has any suggestions of where to start looking. I would greatly appreciate it.

Not looking for anyone's honey hole or anything. Just a nice, cleanly run operation to put some pork in the coolers.

PM's welcomed.

http://www.bigwoods.ws/bwhome.htm

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hearts bluff would get my first vote then Big Woods,,both close enough to the Dallas area

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote