New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where can I go hog hunting?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'd like to put some pig in the freezer sometime. It's an idea I have had for a long time, but never pursued. So, now I am thinking about it more seriously. I don't mind driving. I want to use my rifle. No dogs.

Suggestions?

Sand Creek November 29 1864

Posts: 1511 | Location: cul va | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Do you live in the Commonwealth? If yes, then I would suggest Hog Heaven Outfitters in North Carolina -- not that far from anywhere in the state. PM me if you would like more details.

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fprefect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frank4570:
I'd like to put some pig in the freezer sometime. It's an idea I have had for a long time, but never pursued. So, now I am thinking about it more seriously. I don't mind driving. I want to use my rifle. No dogs.

Suggestions?

The darn things have finally made it as far North as Taney county Missouri (on the Arkansas line) following the lead of the Armadillos that started showing up a few years back.

As of now, no season, no limit, shoot on sight.

You may have heard of Branson, MO which is located in Taney county, and far more well known for it's music and comedy shows, and shopping (We just opened a new Bass Pro outlet) than for wild pig hunting, but the times, they are a changin'.

F. Prefect

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and generally been regarded as a bad move......Douglas Adams

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Whitworth:
Do you live in the Commonwealth? If yes, then I would suggest Hog Heaven Outfitters in North Carolina -- not that far from anywhere in the state. PM me if you would like more details.

This picture is from Hog Heaven Outfitters. Is this pig standing up? And the one in the background feeding? Do my eyes deceive me, or is this THAT easy of a hunt?

EDIT: Alright, I must be seeing things. The front page says no fences, 100% fair chase.

Posts: 130 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
No, it's definitely a free range hunt and by no means a "gimme." Do a search here as I wrote a full hunt report a few months ago.

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Whitworth:
No, it's definitely a free range hunt and by no means a "gimme." Do a search here as I wrote a full hunt report a few months ago.

An excellent report. Thank you for it. If I do a hog hunt I think this place might be the one for me. Maybe even for the group hunt you guys are planning. I'll keep an eye on that thread.

Posts: 130 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote